Sun, Sep 22, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Photoshop Filters

LoboUK ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2000 at 6:11 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 10:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sandwater.com/download.html

Here is a site offering some filters for PS which you might find interesting. There are some freebies as well as commercial ones Paul

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2000 at 6:15 PM

Thanks Paul, some of them look pretty cool! One can never have enough filters :)

3DSprite ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 12:16 AM

That's for sure!! It's too bad that Photoshop limits how many filters you can load all at once?? I think it's 20 but correct me if I am wrong?? Would be nice if I had a choice of all of them at once cause it is hard to pick and choose sometimes. And I tend to forget which ones I do have since they are not readily available; heck, I have so many filters that I don't even know what some of them do?? Who has time to add, take off and add again?? ~3DSprite

jnmoore ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 1:41 AM

My thanks for the tip -- didn't even know these folks existed...

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 1:15 PM

oh no more filters! :) whaddya mean 'shop only allows twenty filters'? i know i have tons more than that! is that new? if so, i'm glad i didnt upgrade from 4. ;) speaking of filters, blade pro really rocks. it's kinda like painter's bevel world, but much better. there's a free demo; it works in 'shop and psp, and for mac or win. http://www.flamingpear.com/

3DSprite ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 6:57 AM

Yes, I have TONS of filters too bloodsong, but if you've found some way of having Photoshop "see" all of them at once, please enlighten me?? I used to wonder why half my filters didn't show up after loading around 50 of them and according to the manual even, Photoshop can only see so many at a time. Now I keep a Plug-ins folder handy so I can alternate when I want a change, but it would be nice if I had them "all" there on command!!?? I don't know if 20 is the correct limit, but there is a limtation. Any suggestions?? Have you found a better work-around?? ~3DSprite

Tartan ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 12:48 AM

Rad... Yes there is indeed a limitation of how many you filters you can see. There is a utility called "Plug-In Manager" which should help you immensely. It allows you to place filters together.. ummm example- Say you have KPT Convolver, By installing it bumps Ulead FXRazor off the menu to a position where you cant see it. You know that if you can put Convolver in with KPT 3 so when you click KPT3 you not only see KPT 3s various filter modules but you also see Convolver. You should be able to combine any number of filters so you can use a vast amount more. /e scratches head.. hmmm now where was that addy? http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/adobepc.htm You can find it off this page and it offers a Huge resource for photoshop users..:)

Tartan ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 12:55 AM

hmmm lost part of that message somehow.. Plug In Manager allows you (example) to take convolver and on the pulldown menu put it in with KPT 3. Not in their actual folders mind you.. just on the menu. you can find it off this Immensely useful resource page http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/adobepc.htm Tartan :)

3DSprite ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 6:05 AM

Hey thanks! Now that you mention it I do remember reading about this Plug In Manager only I remember it as being in beta back then. I kind of ignored it cause of the "beta" tag and then never bothered going back. I even still have the bookmark, heh, heh, buried under all the other tens of thousands of bookmarks I've collected! Got an idea about a "bookmark manager", heh, heh, just kidding. Thanks for refreshing my mind on this utility! ~3DSprite :-)

BazGibb ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 4:39 AM

I have just upgraded to Version 5.5, but even in V5 I could see all my plugins. I've just done a quick search in my Photoshop plug-in directory for 8bf (plugin) files and it has found 430, and that is EXCLUDING KPT 5 and 6, and they ALL load in at the splash screen as well. Its a bit of a pain trying to find the filter you want, especially as most of them go ingto the FILTER->OTHERS option but I can live with that :)

BazGibb ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 4:45 AM

By the way, may I suggest you have a look at: http://perso.club-internet.fr/gpl/index.html This guy has hundreds of freeware filters for download, all of which he reviews, as well as reviews of all the commercial filters available. Check it out!

3DSprite ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 5:25 AM

Thanks for the wonderful link BazGibb!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.