Fri, Sep 20, 2:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: repeated type 2 error with eyedropper tool

MaxBeckett ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 8:50 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 7:28 PM

Hi folks, Over the last twenty minutes Ive been fighting a losing battle with a type 2 error. Im in the process of shading a sailboat. Im working on the masts. Ive a couple of shaders that Im trying to apply to the three main masts and the cross sections. Pretty much every time I use the eyedropper tool to sample the shader from one mast to apply to the next, Carrara shuts down and I get a error type 2 message. I managed to get them done by saving after shading each part, but I had to restart carrara after almost each operation. Any comments? Has this happenned to you? Im using a mac powerbook G3/500 with tons of ram, and yes I did try restarting the computer. I also got rid of a lot of unused shaders that were litering the sequencer tray (just in case). Cheers, Max

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:28 AM

In this case i think that the solution is to move to the trash (or simply drag out of the Carrara folder) the pref. file. Good luck, TOXE

pixelicious ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:58 PM

max, i never really use the eye dropper tool for picking shaders. i have get by with the properties box. in the first button (general) there is a little pop down menu that allows you to pick shaders. so as long as you know the name of the shader you want, just click once on the object to select it, and grab the appropriate shader from the menu. might not be as fast, but it doesn't crash out... and that is where you save time. -scott

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:58 PM

Why not just bring up the shader in the browser and then drag and drop it onto the object?

MaxBeckett ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:05 PM

Good idea Dot. In any case trashing the pref file seems to have worked (until now anyway). There are always ways to work around this kind of problem I guess, but the obsessive-compulsive in me cant rest until I find out whats causing the problem in the first place :) Cheers, Max

PAGZone ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:00 PM

Here is a couple things that come to mind with Type 2 errors: First when you get an error like that the Dialog also states you should Restart your computer. This is critical. If you don't you will keep making a bad problem worse. The fact that Mac OS 9.x is not a modern OS os the reason for this message to restart. Second, give Carrara more memory and you should see less of these. PAGZone

pixelicious ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 1:41 AM

dot, in referenece to your question about dragging the shader... you can do that too but ... have you ever dropped the shader on the wrong object by mistake? and what about opening and closing the browser all the time, or switching to the master shader window of the sequencer? time consuming. instead, just leave the properties tab open (the most commonly used tab anyway) and just grab the correct shader off a list. of course in the end it is all personal preference. -scott

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 4:49 PM

I don't even know what the eyedropper tool is. LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.