Fri, Sep 20, 2:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Help please! How do I create a big yard?

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:55 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:45 AM

I load a grass texture on the ground plane and it's small!! Only about twice as long as a person. I want to an outdoor scene with small a tree in distance and several objects, How do I make it look like I'm in a field? All possiblities for scenes desired. :o)

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:13 AM

Perhaps increase the scale of the ground plane, and alter the grass texture in a 2D program to make it bigger if necessary.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:19 AM

Couple of possibilities. First, find a tiling grass texture (try 3dcafe.com or look in freestuff here for something called "47 new textures" -- the guy has tons of amazing stuff), then haul it into Photoshop and tile it till you have enough to cover the space you need. Then, you can either apply it to a 2d square prop or, as I would prefer, an imported terrain made in Bryce or some other program with fractal-export capabilities. Extend the import to the size you want, then take it down on the y axis so all you have is just a nicely uneven ground. Apply your texture, and voila.

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:26 AM

That's part of the problem. How do I make the ground plane bigger?

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:35 AM

I don't have Poser handy, but I think you should be able to select the ground like selecting any other prop, and you should have the dials to change the scale. Go to the right-hand pull-down menu under the document window where you can select body parts, cameras, lights, and props, go to props, and you should see ground listed as a prop. Choose it and change teh dials.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:42 AM

Don't work with the ground plane. Create a square and use that instead. The reason for that is because, by default, the ground plane is invisible when rendered and will revert to that the next time you open the file. With a prop, you don't need to worry about constantly checking the hierarchy window to make sure the ground plane is visible.

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:14 PM

I see now that I can scale the groundplane, and that it reverts.I also like the possiblity of creating a permanent ground prop. thanks tremendously fellow renderers. If thers any more possibilities they are welcome too :o)

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:16 PM

It does work with the ground plane only if Display/guides ground plane is turned on.

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:40 PM

file_276032.jpg

Or you can spend $10 on the Nerd3D backdrop tool and get this effect. Heck, you can also get Runtime DNA's Infinity Cove for free. (I haven't tried that, since I still don't understand it for some reason.) Ron

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 2:36 PM

thanks all :o) thats what I love about it here. So many helpful people.

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:21 PM

Make yourself a tiled floor.In your propsfolder is a simple squareprop.load it and export it as wavefront *obj. Than you need uvmapper( free at www.uvmapper.com) load the exported wavefront obj in uvmapper in uvmapper "Edit" "Select ALL" Than on your numberblock hit the * button 4 times than hit the "home" button once Than save your modell from uvmapper. Import as wavefront obj in poser. place it and add a texture the texture is repeated many times ,so you can use small textures on large objects

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 7:21 PM

Thx thgeisel, this is my first time using UV mapper,It made the square a lot bigger. I guess it will do lots of stuff if I expirement. I didn't even know that it would do that. I guess I have to use stuff instead of just downloading it! :o)

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:32 AM

Have fun :-))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.