Sun, Oct 6, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Wearing not one..but two dresses!

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 2:11 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:22 AM
Site Admin

I've always wanted to try this...use two different garments to create a set! It can be done via the help of transmaps and just rescaling slightly (10%) the parts of the overlapping figure (in this case the hip). So here is a romantic set created on the default catsuit and formal dress. One used for the blouse, the other for the skirt and belt. Both textures will become available for download later tonight when FairyWoods will be updated - back in schedule! :o) pfoprvwsml.jpg renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 2:35 PM

Wow! This is great! Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to use the top part of one outfit and the sleeves of another and the bottom of a third. Now, how do you deal with the conforming? Are they all conformed to figure one or to each other in layers or what? Kate (who sees wonderful possibilities here)

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 3:19 PM
Site Admin

They are all conformed on the figure Kate! Each one as soon as imported in the scene! Pretty easy! :o) renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 3:24 PM
Site Admin

Not a pretty sight though till you apply textures and transmaps! :o) renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 3:30 PM

I did this a while ago too ... Before I figured out how to label the clothes .. so i was trying to figure out if figure 2 was the dress or the sleeves or the shoes etc ... But I like your piece S

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 3:45 PM

Thanks for the info rena. LOL...I can just see poor posette looking like a bag lady in training before you get the textures and trans maps applied. Kate (laughing at the image in her head right now)

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 8:17 PM

Ghost--how about sharing how you labeled the clothes? I'm assuming you mean instead of 1,2,3, etc. That's been a pain to me also. BTW, I've added jackets to dresses and such. That's worked really well, but the idea of transmaps and then using different parts seems really terrific. Diane B

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 9:22 PM

Hey picnic .. you can go into the heirachy editor and as long as the body is selected you can the rename the figure so instead of figure five you can call it "dress" ... Have to make sure the body is selected instead of the head or example ... Can't really see it too well but this is the one I did with the catsuit as the mesh for my lace SnowPrincess.jpeg

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2000 at 9:46 PM

Ghost, that's a very nice image. Thanks for the tip. That will save some cussin' S. Diane B

WarriorDL ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2000 at 1:25 AM

If you've checked out my combined figure of the TOS Star Trek girl, you'll notice she's a combined catsuit and miniskirt :o) As I said on the PFO- A beautiful image.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.