Fri, Sep 20, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 5?

renderhawk ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:01 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Does anyone have any news or rumors about poser 5?

triceratops2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:32 AM

First, I dont have any news. But I hope to know why poser still not has the version 5. Is there a very big different between 4 and 5 ? Another question I hope to ask is that why pro pack is pro pack , or 4.2 but not as poser 5 ?

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:39 AM

Reposting an earlier post on this topic by our President, Steve Cooper: ---------------------------------------- I can't go into specific details about the next release. Sorry about that. We're still selling Poser 4. There will be a Poser 5, we're hard at work on it, and there still is a lot of work to be done. It will be priced in a Poser price range, and it will be very, very powerful. It's going to be the most significant feature upgrade of Poser to date. That said, those who have Poser 4 today will be better off $-wise when it comes time to upgrade, and it still makes sense to upgrade to 4 if you haven't already. Here's the little bit of detail I'm able to share- new features to include- * dynamic strand based hair * dynamic cloth with physics * a renderman compliant renderer and raytracer engine * tree and shader node based material editor with procedural shaders * facial photo mapping technology * morph target sculpting * non linear animation * new content --------------------------------------------- Hope that helps. I wish I could go into more detail, but I can't. Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs

Wrestleline ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:38 AM

wow poser 5 sounds really advanced, can't wait for it to be released!

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 11:03 AM

I hope Poser 5 doen't make you reboot after a render, like Poser 4 does :o(

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:08 PM

Wow, sounds like a memory issue to me!

asrai ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 1:14 PM

Mac OS X support, right?

praxis22 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:06 PM

He (Kupa) also said we'd be getting "collision detection" too. later jb

rtamesis ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:54 AM

I really hope so. Poser 4 and Adobe Photoshop are the only Classic apps left that I still use. Everything else on my Mac is now OS X native.

asrai ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 6:33 AM

Ya, i hear that rtamesis...Oh, also G4 Velocity support...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.