Mon, Oct 21, 11:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Poser and Animation Master.

cbd ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2000 at 7:42 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 6:00 AM

Is there a way to get a Poser 4 figure into Animation Master v7.1? I've tryed just converting it to a .dxf file, but when I load it in AM my comp freezes.

rtamesis ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2000 at 8:49 AM

DXF import is very difficult with AM, according to their forum. You may want to go to http://www.hash.com/users/jsherwood/tutes/tutorials.html and see if they have any utilities or plug-ins that will make DXF import easier. The import of other 3D formats has always been AM's weakness, and their attitude is that modelling directly from using their splines is better than importing polygons. You can always set your Poser model and create pictures to use as a rotoscope in AM and recreate your model from scratch. BTW, in an interview at the recent Macworld Expo in SF reported on Macweek's website regarding Metacreations, Martin Hash, the creator of AM, stated that Poser was their major competition, so he was pretty pleased withnews about Metacreation's demise.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.