Mon, Oct 21, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: February Bryce challenge - "Space Battles!"

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 7:20 AM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 2:59 PM

Hello all, Here's this month's challenge. Space Battles will be the theme of the challenge. I want to see space scenes with ships in battle or preparing for battle. Imported ship meshes are okay, as are your own Bryce native Boolean ships. So fire up your warp drive, charge phasers and photon torpedoes and let the star wars begin! Above all, Have Fun!

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 11:30 AM

I think I'll try this one out even though I'm fairly new to this. Since will be my very first submission, how do I submit a pic for the contest?

dg3d ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 4:18 PM

Good idea Alleycat, this will be fun. "Cry havoc and release the dogs of war"..... Pleiades

dg3d ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 4:19 PM

Forgot, Aldaron, when it's done, submit the image in this thread or create a new one with the subject "February Challenge". Pleiades Ps: Good Luck, it's a good away to learn what you can do with Bryce.

Tekchip ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 9:42 PM

Are we only allowed one submission or can we submit more than one?

dg3d ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 6:52 AM

If i remember correctly, only one. Pleiades

archlite ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 6:24 PM

Where do we post these challenge images? I didn't see a section in the gellery for challenges. Thanks.

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 6:29 PM

Post your images for the february challenge right here in this thread. They will be moved to a new thread at the end of the month for voting.

mark34 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 9:03 AM

file_269322.jpg

start things rolling with this

tk1138 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:01 PM

file_269324.jpg

Here's mine.

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 9:38 PM

Great stuff guys, keep 'em coming!

Black_Lord ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 1:01 AM

Nice work guys.

archlite ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 12:06 AM

file_269326.jpg

Legion fleet gets attacked defending a terran class planet. Models done in doga and 3d studio max r3 rendered in bryce.

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

ajtooley ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 3:36 PM

file_269332.jpg

For all the 007 fans out there...

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 7:47 PM

file_269334.jpg

I will post the image that inspired me from Starwars Episode1. Done with Bryce and a little photo shop. The model was from SWMA (back when they were up). But I think I came pretty close to the orginal. Thanks

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 7:50 PM

file_269335.jpg

This is what got me going to doing the image it was posted on Starwars.com a while back. I Wanted to come as close as I could to the original with Bryce (which I doubt ILM plays with lol).

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 12:35 AM

Damn you can't get much closer than that. :) Hope I can get my entry done before the end of the month.

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 11:15 PM

Wow! You guys are really kicking it into high gear. Beautiful work everyone.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 7:32 PM

file_269336.jpg

Okay, I'm new at this, so lemme know what you think...

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 11:20 AM

file_269337.jpg

When I saw the line 'Space Battles will be the theme of the challenge' I thought this one is made for me! I'm working on a huge spacebattle scene right now, so I took a few pre-modelled ships (wich I already made for the bigger spacescene) added some Special FX (84000+ objects in the exploding ship!) rendered the lot, composited it in Paintshop Pro and this is the result. I hope you like it. It's 99,99% by me. The only two things not completely made by me are two metaltextures wich are based on two of Ironbears Alien Metals.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Bambam131 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:14 PM

file_269338.jpg

Well lets see, someone mention that this month contest was Space Battles and you know that I do a lot of that sort of thing, so here goes, my spaceship The USS Patrick Henry is sneaking into the Jovian system to steal all the Crapaddolle 35 B that is located on one of Jupiters moon IO. This is the most powerful element in the known universe and Captain George Tiberius Rustbuckets knows that he who has this element rules the entire McDonald's franchises located on Mars. And we all know what that means, right! This image depicts the ship as it sneaks stealthily into the outer fringes of the Jovian system just before going to (BATTLE STATIONS)!!!!!!. David ;-)

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 10:17 PM

(Tongue firmly in cheek) Well, no battle, but the FLIP (Federation Lawyers -for- Interstellar Peace) would also like to point out that any aggression is obviously coming from some villain entering the Plane of the Ecliptic from high above the sun. Therefore, based on shadow-ery evidence, the Earth is not to be blamed for the upcoming (if any) Battle. Also, Cpt. Rustbuckets, the reason for such high illumination from the rear of your craft is due to the goodship SS Kroc getting ready to... well,... super size you...

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:12 PM

file_269340.jpg

this is my first time in the Challenge are so here goes. this is my contribution. To all the Battlestar fans out there. Models from "BattlestarPegasus.com" Battle textures by me.

loftie ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 3:42 PM

file_269341.jpg

Ok I'm also a newbie and this is my first time in a challenge. I just wanted to make something else, not outside but inside. Hope you Like! Loftie

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 12:12 AM

Attached Link: http://isctheater.50megs.com/

file_269343.jpg

Yeah I finished on time. :) This was a bridge model I created for an online comic strip at the above link. He needed a bridge for his characters and I said I'd give it a shot. Right when I finished this month's theme was announced and I thought this would be a good entry so I got the author's permission to use his characters in the scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.