Fri, Sep 20, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Do you think this texture is ready?

Tuathan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:12 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

file_278360.jpg

Comments appreciated.

Tuathan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:13 PM

file_278361.jpg

2nd pic

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:19 PM

The texture looks good. I like the imperfections/slight blemishes of the skin. Marketplace or freebie? One qualm... What is your lighting set-up? Your renders seem to have a slight dull-grey cast. Perhaps it is just my eyes that have developed a slight grey-cast... Been staring at Photoshop for too many hours now.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:28 PM

Could be jpegification. I find that to get images down to R'osity's likes I end up with a greycast image, or colours dulled. Wow, that's so nice! I'm especially enamoured of the eyes.

Tuathan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:58 PM

The lights are greyish - but the skin color is light too, because it leaves more room to play with skin color. The high resolution version with bump is going to be in the marketplace (I'm unemployed)but I'll release a lower resolution version as a freebie. Do you think 10$ is okay? I'm planning to do a couple of custom (bump)maps for different facial expressions too. The eyes are a mix of highlight, reflection and transparency - I'm still not satisfied with them, but this seems to be the best I can do.

1Freon1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:10 PM

Wow, looks very nice! The only thing that looks a little 'off' to me is in the top pic. She looks like she just recently stopped a nose bleed.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:59 PM

eyebrow hairs are too short. otherwise ok. wouldn't sell it, though...

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 3:04 PM

There are two areas that I'd re-address, and bear in mind, just my humble opinion, okay? Pump up the contrast on the eyes so you have some solid blacks in the pupils. She looks like she's wearing those mirrored contact lenses one sees in 1980s horror films. The line for the eyebrows is too defined. Loosen it up a bit with a few errant hairs, particularly along the extreme left and right. Those two quibbles aside, it's a nice piece of work. Congratulations.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 3:06 PM

nice work. I would just tone down the pink nostril thing.

Tuathan ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 8:08 AM

Thank you all for the tips and comments. They have been very helpfull. I hope I can release a free version soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.