Fri, Sep 20, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Micheal's hand is too small...how increase the size?

Manigart ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 6:18 AM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 9:13 PM

I have tried to increase size of hand and fingers, but the result is very disapointing. I have tried to group hand and fingers, I can't... If pepole is able to do that please explain me. This is my email adress : roland.1658@skynet.be Please explain with simple words, I m french :-)) Thanks very much.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 6:25 AM

select each piece of the hand and increase the scale. unfortunately you have to do each part individually 8 so it's be the hand, thumb3, thumb2, etc....

Manigart ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 6:39 AM

Thanks for your response. I have alredy do that, but the result is no great, it s created some physical deformity between hand and fingers... are there other way to do that?

Wizzard ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 6:44 AM

you have to scale the fingers as well as the hand... I'll try it out and see what happens

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:19 AM

How? Slowly and labouriously go through every joint/part and make it bigger, once done save out as a .cr2, it'sthe only way... :( later jb

welcomesite ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:25 AM

I've tried it too ( making Vicky's hands smaller, in my case) He's right.. even if you individually scale each element of the hand, it still results in a screwed up hand. It appears that although the fingers get smaller, they retain the original spacing apart from each other. This means that they no longer line up with the knuckle where the finger meets the hand. Manigart, the only solution I can find is to make the rest of Michael smaller. ( forearm, shoulder, body, head, etc. )

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:29 AM

Hmmm, I actually made Mike quite a bit bigger, s I had to get the hands so that they didn't look tiny, I tried ato scale the whole hand, but it didn't look right... later jb

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:38 AM

heyas; i think this can be fixed with a propagating scale in the hands. i'll try it out and let you know.

rockets ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:44 AM

I'm new using M2 and was just thinking the other day that his hands (and toes) were too small and chubby. I decided he would just have to live with it because I was too lazy to do anything about it. :-)

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

welcomesite ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 7:48 AM

Another solution is to just make the penis smaller, to match the hands and feet. ;')

renderhawk ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:10 AM

Try to use a magnet.I just tried it myself and it worked. Make sure to select every part of the hand including the forearm.Using magnets does require some practice though. Let me know if you succeed.

renderhawk ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:25 AM

file_278268.jpg

Here is a pic to illustrate.

Manigart ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:39 AM

file_278271.jpg

I have reduced all part of Micheal's bod (90%) exclude the hands :-)

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:25 PM

You can scale the hands with magnets??? That's the best news I've heard all day. I was facing editing the .cr2 to make the x, y, z trans dials visible to fix the deformations, but wow was I confused by the .cr2. Thank you Renderhawk I'll try that.

renderhawk ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 4:19 PM

Just a tip!Remenber to save the magnet as a prop. Of course, I forgot.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:01 PM

file_278273.jpg

heyas; go figure, i was right. about the propagating scale, i mean. top: regular hand, scaled to 150% size. bottom: propagating scale hand scaled to 150% size. soon as i figure out the best way to distribute this, i can post it. if you want to do it yourself, it is quite simple. in the rhand/lhand, you change the scale channels to read propagatingScale. look at the scale channels on the body for an example to follow. that's all you do.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:02 PM

hmmm... okay, one problem with this, the transition at the wrist ain't so great. :/ may need more experimentation....

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:20 PM

Well once you get it all worked out you can "inject the data" using a Pose file.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 2:17 AM

file_278274.jpg

The best way I've found for scaling hands in Poser is by using a magnet. The tricky part is that you have to scale part of the forearm as well. So add the forearm as a target to deform as well. Then setup the magnet effect zone so that it affects only part of the forearm and all of the hand. Now when you increase the size of the hand the wrist stays proportional with hand.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:44 AM

heyas; when you do this hand sizing with the magnet, does the hand still work right? i mean, do all the fingers bend where they're supposed to? and does moving them around inside the zone cause them to change size? i guess that is not a problem, if they're all near the center and the zone is pretty big. but i know that if you morph something to be bigger/longer/shorter, then the joints... well, they get out of joint. same thing when you scale the hand or fingers -- once you make the hand very long, the finger joints are still back where they were before, and the fingers try to bend around that, even out in left field as they are. which is why i like propagating scale, because when you use that, it also moves the joints along with the scaled up body parts. doing experiments and thinking, it seems to me that limbs ought to have propagating scale along their long axis. that is the kind of scaling that pushes the children body parts out off their joint centers and messes things up. it's also the direction of scale that is least likely to have that noticeable jump between body parts that are scaled. i haven't found out yet if having the z-scale (say) causes the regular scale to propagate along one axis as you use it. i somehow doubt it.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:50 AM

oh... another thing that needs to be dissected is the michael 2 long arms/legs/neck body dials. they're not morphs, they're scale controls, and they seem to use propagating scale to make the limbs longer, but still work properly. i read on victoria's tech notes that the long limb dials keep the joint centers centered, and that seems to be the only way to do it. i know you cant get the joint center trans values to slave to a dial and change, because i tried that. :/ well, i can see in the m2 cr2 that the stretch dials control the x-scale of the arms, and that the arms are not using propagating scale for that. so i dunno how they are working it. the stretch arms seems not to distort the hands/fingers... ah, they're not stretching the hands. okay... but the fingers, at least, should bend very wonkily, being pushed so far away from their previous centers.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 4:00 PM

heyas; well, if you use propagating scale with the parent's taper dial, it seems to work well. top: propagating scale on hand at 150% bottom: same, with forearm taper set to -36% i'm still working on getting both kinds of scale dials into a body part. poser seems to take only one or the other.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.