Sat, Sep 21, 7:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: It's All About Context...

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 5:33 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:47 AM

file_278694.jpg

So there I was. I had pulled into the driveway of this old abandoned house, which is right off of the main drag in town, and had taken a few shots of it. I didn't like the angle of the sun, and since it was nippy out, I went back to my truck to wait for the sun to go down some more. Just then a police cruiser pulls in alongside me and the officer asks me what I'm doing there sitting in my truck. Without thinking, I simply said, "Oh, I'm just waiting for the light to change." The officer screwed up his face a bit and then started to explain that not only was there no traffic light in sight, but that I was also on private property. Just before he reached for his sobriety test kit, I hurriedly explained that I was an amateur photographer, and that I would leave if he wanted me to. He did, and I left.

It really is all about context...

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 5:59 PM

Glad you got one picture at least. Looks like the house has an interesting story.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 6:00 PM

file_278696.jpg

Hehe! Funny story....and an awesome house, too bad you got kicked out. Love places like that, just so full of history. I'm always worried about getting caught on alot of my photographic expeditions. Alot of the best places for pictures are on posted property in my town, or they are in wild life management areas where you have to worry about getting shot by hunters. Took this one earlier in the month while snubbing my nose at the law. :~) Note the little *this means you* in the lower left corner of the sign. :~P

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 6:44 PM

these things have been happening to me too....twice I got kicked out of private properties while taking pictures...one at some industrial place and the other one at some abandoned trainstation....both times they mentioned to me that with the whole terrosim thing going on, they're being extra carefull....they think im taking pictures of the place so I can blow it up or something.....but with some explanation they let me go....to find another private property.....

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:04 PM

I'd have left....drove a couple of blocks, had a soda and returned to finish...lol Mike the rebel!!! (",)

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:33 PM

There's far too much paranoia around, and it's getting in the way of true ART!!! grrrrr....I mean, who'd want to blow up the kind of places/things we like to photograph? chuckle Just had a mental image of Michelle's seat in the middle of a field going "BOOM' in a rain of dust, springs, stuffing and confettied upholstery! :-)>

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:35 PM

BTW - Asalina, nice photo of a house with great character, Michelle, I like your sign too!

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:40 PM

Now there's an idea for Michelle...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:51 PM

LMAO! Actually I thought it would be kinda cool to take that orange chair into different locations and photograph it....I'd need a big strong man to lug it around on his back for me, any volunteers? For real though....have any of you ever seen the coffee table book of the red sofa that was shot in different places? I thought it was a cool book when I saw it. Couldn't tell you who the photographer was though. But I've never been able to forget it.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:34 PM

Salina and Mitch, great shots both of you. The lighting and contrast in the two are exellent.

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 10:43 PM

Tsk tsk... Canadian typos... I like both shots. The first one is for the classic horror movies. The second is for the suspense thrillers. Hehe (*

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 2:03 PM

I think you should have doubled back also. But then I know how cops can be. The get pretty aggressive even when you aren't obviously breaking any laws. there used to be an advertisement where this person haws his coffe table around taking pictures of it. He compoles the pictures into one coffee table book. it think it was a ad for HP printers either that of Epson. Not sure which. Love the shouse. It funny I think I would have been happy with the picture you had. I guess I know what level I'm at. Bsteph

Faust-I ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 9:23 PM

It was hp digital media (digital cameras, and printer).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.