Tue, Sep 24, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 9:01 pm)

Subject: Where oh where...

EddyDamas ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:51 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:37 PM

do texture files go...so many different directories I could put them in, but want to get them right....

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 10:05 PM

The best answer I can give is "it depends." The safest thing to do is read the readme file that should come with your Poser items. Beyond that, you should know where you put the texture files in case Poser asks for them.

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 10:38 PM

As long as the textures are placed under the runtime folder somewhere, poser will find them when loading the files.

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 11:37 PM

Jeff, I've had a great many Poser files that couldn't find the textures by themselves, and I was left to find them for myself. I can't remember if it was pz3 files, and I got them from 3DCC?! It does happen. Ron

Roy G ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 1:21 AM

As far as Textures go I think JeffH is correct on this. Anyway Poser always finds them for me. If it's for a Character I make a new directory under Textures with that Characters name. Then I extract the readme if it came with the character to that directory also. That way I can add more texures for that Character or prop to that same directory. Saves me a lot of time if I want to make my own stuff also.

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:02 AM

I have noticed that cr2's containing the wrong path to the texture (or rather the path that applied to the original creators HD...) will cause Poser to ask me to locate the texture file. This is seldom a problem though, and I suppose that re-saving the cr2 will solve it.

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:26 AM

The only problem I have is when I don't know where to find the textures.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 7:26 AM

When I play chase-the-texture, I use the Windows "find files or folders" box to... find them!

EddyDamas ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 11:32 AM

I know where the textures are hogwarden..... unfortunately, Poser, with all it's unique abilities, never asks me to go to "Windows "find files or folders" box to... find them!", It somehow wants to find the textures itself... I don't expect to play games with Poser..I expect to work with it.

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 11:56 AM

Usually the only time I have this problem is when I'm using "Super Hero" characters I downloaded from 3DCC. I do believe it's only with pz3 files. I've learned to have my file manager running at this time, and do a search for the needed file. Unfortunately, all too often Poser is looking for a file that you didn't get in the download. Hey, artists make mistakes, and we can't complain if its free.

Roy G ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 3:12 PM

Yes Sometimess the pz3 will call a file that dosn't exist or has a different name or extension.

It will also complain about nonexsistant .bum files. These you have to usually convert yourself by manually loading it in Poser.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:38 PM

Sorry Eddydamas... I was talking to Ron. I've never had that happen... I find out where it is with find/files then navigate Poser to it in the Open box that comes up when searching for the texture. Back to your actual question, though... It doesn't matter where you put the as long as you can find them again. I have a load of nested sub-directories under runtime/textures where I put everything texturey.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.