Sat, Sep 21, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Rediscovering Photography

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:40 AM

file_278711.JPG

Hi all, Finally got enuff nerve to officially introduce myself. I've been a member of Renderosity for quite awhile now...mostly browsing thru the 3d stuff. I never really considered myself a photographer. I had bought my first digital camera about 2 years ago. Mainly point and shoot for family pix and what not. I started getting more into taking pictures recently after my wife gave me an Olympus C700UZ for Valentines Day...cool huh?? This replaced the Toshiba PDR-M3 which started giving me trouble and corrupting a majority of the pix I took. It served me well and was a GREAT intro to digital photography. Anyway, I've begun posting some images in my gallery (just search for l8rdaze). Some of you have already commented on a few of them and I greatly appreciate that. I've also perused many of you own galleries and must say they are ALL very inspirational to me. Thanks for sharing your little slices of the world. Ok now that the ICE is broken...I need some feedback. Please look at the attached image...Thought this would make a decent entry in the Texture contest. Thanks again! L8r!

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:39 PM

I think it would make a very nice entry. Can almost feel the splinters. Welcome to the Forum.

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 7:54 PM

Oh yeah! This would make a very good entry, nice, meaty, tangible image..I like the old red paint as a counter-point at the base of the image too! Welcome L8r! :-)>

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 8:02 PM

That is really nice! Took a look thru your gallery like your "butts" image.....notice how many people took a peek! Here's one you might get a kick out of from a guy who has a whacko sense of humour....I couldn't stop laughing. Don't look if nudity bothers you! http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=138680&Start=1&Artist=TheHonorableBuddyCjr&ByArtist=Yes

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:22 PM

Heya L8R, I got a kick out of "Chrome Pinocchio"! I always like it when someone points out something interesting in a common object. Interesting thing agout your image above; is that an inside corner or an outside one? Or, put another way, are we looking up or down at the subject? It's hard to tell. Did you do any postprocessing on this image in Photoshop?

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:31 PM

I must say, I REALLY like this shot. If u unsharp mask it a lil bit, the details will really shine. Great work with the introduction man.

bevchiron ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 2:39 AM

Hi L8r, this is a great image for the contest you have so many textures in there. I really had to laugh at your Pinocchio pic too, I love it when people get creative with such everyday objects ; D

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:50 AM

Welcome to the group. Nice pic. .n

brittmccary ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 9:07 AM

So Nice to meet you! :) and I'd LOVE to see more of your pictures! Britt

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:49 PM

Hi, bud - nice pics......and welcome.....! (",)

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:27 AM

Hey! thanks for the comments and for the warm welcome! I just wanted to give some additional info on the above pic. The image is of my neighbor's front wooden porch (Most of the homes here were built around 1912!. It's funny... I pass this on a daily basis and never took notice really. Then I was sitting there watching my daughter ride her bike when it just kinda caught my eye! Got to go grab the camera!!! I took a few different angles, many had some shadows and too much sunlight. Just didn't look right! I waited until the sun was down, then tried again. I focused mainly on the top part of the porch, where there is alot of weathering, peeling paint and damage in general. Oh, by the way, there was no post production except to resize the image down to 800X600! Thanks again for the feedback! l8r!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.