Mon, Oct 21, 11:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Does anyone recognize this actor?

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:10 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:48 PM

file_278867.jpg

I've been looking at this character for too long and don't know whether I'm getting close or not. If someone can recognize him then I know I'm on the right track. ;-)

Darian ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:12 PM

It's Krycheck from the X files!

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:15 PM

Ehhhm, nope...

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:25 PM

First name is Chris, yes? (forgot the last name, since I don;t really get into movies all that much.) /P

queri ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:29 PM

X-files. The bad guy, well, sort of. Can't remember his name. Very close resemblance.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:32 PM

Yes, he does look familiar, you did a really nice job on him and even his hair. Sharen

welcomesite ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:36 PM

Except for the eyes, it reminds me of Ben Affleck

VirtualSite ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:37 PM

Maybe it's a sign of the times, but I swear they're all starting to look more or less alike nowadays.

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 12:38 PM

Could be Ewan McGregor, but would need more work if so

Staby ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 1:28 PM

I too think that he looks like Nicholas Lea AKA Krycheck from the X files. You did a great work! Did you use only standard Mike morphs or is it a morph you created from scratch?

geep ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 1:42 PM

[dream on, geepster, ..... dream on ...]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 1:46 PM

Yes this is supposed to be Nicholas Lea aka Alex Krycek from the X-Files.

Staby, this is Mike 2 with some extra morphs I bought, MikePlus I think. I'm also going to do Mulder as well. As for Alex's "dumb-ass FBI haircut", it's the closest I could find - it'll do for now.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I guess I'm on the right track after all.

Aeriol

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:18 PM

Hmph, looks like George Clooney to me.

pj-bear ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:38 PM

Just rename him. In Zen art, something asthetic that is produced from the controlled accident is what you want. I don't know the x-files, so I don't know how close this is to what you started out wanting But he looks really good regardless! I like the texture, and he does not look too Michael. Seems like a strong and sympathetic handsome guy. What texture did you use? I'd say congratulations.

psychofish ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:39 PM

nope, krycek came first to my mind :) i definately think you're on the right track. cant wait to see mulder. how about scully? :P

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:58 PM

The texture is Steffy's Edo, the eyes are Cake One's in the marketplace here, and the hair is the Flat Top from DAZ.

pj-bear: you don't know how funny your comment was about him looking strong and sympathetic. The character he plays in the X-Files is a low down dirty 'rat' who lies, cheats and commits murder. BUT some of us think he does what he must to survive and that he is misunderstood and doesn't want to be forced to kill for the bad guys. But as an actor he is a most kind and gentle man... and absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psychofish: Scully has been done, and done, and done before. Check in the freestuff.

gryffnn ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 5:18 PM

Something reminds me of a very young Mel Gibson.

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 5:32 PM

Ditto on the Clooney

pj-bear ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 5:34 PM

That is funny! But see, I don't know the character and so he does not look sinister to me. I'll have to watch the program. It can make a character more interesting to have him arouse mixed feelings. Like I just saw Monster's ball and Billybob Thornton started out as a pretty hopeless cold jerk and he looked the part. Then he ends up showing a really nice, patient side, but his face keeps you reminded of the hard-ass jerk and it makes him a very interesting character. I also thought the bad guy in Ghost Story was interesting because he was so "pretty" and yet really evil. It got away from cast-typing, which I think is a good thing. Maybe x-files did a good job with this and I will try to take a look. Maybe your character will look even more interesting after I see him in this role. Anyway, I really like your character, whatever his name is. Maybe a fraternal twin brother, like Cane and Abel. Thanks for the information. You may have made a sale for Steffy and maybe Cake One.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:23 PM

Is there a bad guy in the X-files?
Then whose the good guy 'cos that Scully chap looks like a girl!

I think it's ROBBIE WILLIAMS
Is he known in the USA?
:)

...lone Brit in a sea of Americana...

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 6:24 PM

I know it's not but it looks just like him... 100%!

Maira ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 8:45 PM

Gosh, he looks exactly like Krycek! GREAT work, Pilot!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 11:24 PM

Chris O'Donnel? Batman and Robin? Naaah

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 8:42 AM

Wow, I can't believe all the comments. I was so enthused last night that I tried to finish up his clothes but I was too tired. Does anyone know where I can get a pair of short conforming gloves for Michael? (wink, wink) Even though I'll only need one - right! I think I might even butcher Steffy's texture and see what he will look like without his left arm like Krycek. (gulp)

pj-bear: search the net for 'Krycek' and you'll find a lot of pictures of him - there's a great fan base out there. Oh, and he's not in the current season of the show, the bastards killed him off!!

hogwarden: I'm Canadian - not American, so you're not alone.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 4:59 PM

The resemblance to Krycek is quite remarkable. If you do as well on Scully and Mulder youll have pretty amazing set there. Also you should give Mulder's 3 buddies a try.

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 12:50 PM

WOW!!!!! Excellent RatBoy, PilotHigh! I'm a bit late to this party, I just saw your post. blush Are you still working on a Mulder? I haven't seen a Mulder, so I'm curious. In fact, I'm working on making a Mulder. I'm at version 87 right now. It's so hard to build a likeness and there's a learning curve for me too since I'm new to the Poser thing. I would love to see what you have, or show you where I'm at if you're curious. =) For X-Files fans on this thread: I have seen the excellent Scully stuff in the free section. Do check it out. There's also some fun X-Sims characters for "The Sims" players.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 2:53 PM

file_278871.jpg

Bastblack, geez I totally forgot about this thread. :-)

Anyway here is what I ended up with for Mulder. I wanted to do him like he was 9 years ago. Let me know what you think. I don't have a website set up so I can only post in the forum.

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 8:53 PM

file_278872.jpg

I'm trying a younger Mulder too!! =)

Thanks for sharing. It is so cool to see what other people are doing. =)

The Mulder I've been working on has the P4NM base, so he's not photorealistic as Michael. :(

sniffle sniffle

I'm conflicted. I prefer the P4 Nude Male body shape for Mulder because he's a lean kinda guy. I mean, Michael doesn't come in a Duchovian Svelte Body Size does he? ;)

Honestly, I don't know much about anything. I'm a newbie. If Michael could be morphed into a really good Mulder with all the cool textures and cool hair, I would go ahead buy the base from DAZ, but I don't know if Michael can do all that. P4 is frustrating enough to shape, even with the many morphs I could find. There are still so many things that need to be tweaked....

Anyhoo, Here's some screen captures I snapped with building Virtual Mulder. (They're not rendered images.)

What do you think?

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 8:58 PM

file_278873.jpg

Another angle...

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 9:00 PM

file_278874.jpg

And yet another angle... What do you think?

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 9:35 AM

the first mulder Nah!! the rest look good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.