Fri, Sep 20, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Help! Poser kills my XP laptop and Win2K PC

DonnyD ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:44 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:24 AM

I am having a wierd problem...and a frustrating one. If I starting using Poser or Poser Pro Pack (both patched) on my laptop, they seem to be fine. But if I load Mike or his bodysuit and vickie's catsuit at the same time, my laptop immediately turns off. No warning. No nothing. Its s Toshiba Satellite 5005 Pentium3 1.1Ghz, 512MB Ram, 30Gb HD, WindowsXP, NTFS Ok. So I tried my Win2k machine. Patching all the way. Same thing. AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz, 768MB Ram 40GB 80GB HD, Windows2K, FAT32 Now before I had my laptop and before Wiping out my main system and putting win2k on it, it had win98se. Poser worked like a champ. No trouble. I had to switch to win2k after upgrading the ram. (Win98se works with 512mb but not with 768MB) Any Ideas? I really want it to work on my XP laptop. I am mainly using it now anyway.... DonnyD http://www.donnyd.com

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 12:59 PM

Do you have this networked with more the one copy of Poser on the network?

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 1:16 PM

The shut down is a "feature" of xp, it does that whenever a critical error comes up. I was having the same problem, and I found out it was caused by the video driver on my machine, I got the newest driver from the card's company, and haven't had a problem since.

DonnyD ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:52 PM

Jeff, nope. This is the only copy of Poser running. Even when I have my laptop at work (an ISP). I am the only graphically inclined person here. :) Eric, On my Laptop, I have an Nvidia Geforce2 to go or some such. I will try new drivers from their site. But I think I am running the most recent drivers on my Athlon box. It has an ATI Radeon all-in-One wonder.

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:54 PM

I have an Nvidia card too, the newest driver on their site should fix your problem.

markdotcom ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 9:41 PM

I also had an nVidia card and when I first installed XP, it SEEMED to be working... I stress 'SEEMED'. Yes, definitely update those drivers, makes a WORLD of a difference.

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12359&Form.ShowMessage=576511

At a rough guess, you may have InterLok installed, it's a piracy protection measure, which as part of it's payload has been known to initiate shutdowns, when you start doing something it doesn't like. Check the link. later jb

DonnyD ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 3:37 PM

Thanks for the help. I have installed the latest drivers for my video card and the issue seems to have stabilized. I haven't tried a scene with mike yet, but have had multiple catsuits and bodysuits in with zero trouble. (trying to decide on theme for the suits...more in a future thread) DonnyD http://www.donnyd.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.