Tue, Oct 22, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: WIP - Natural, 'unglamorous' texture for Vicky, comments please?

gps ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 8:02 PM Ā· edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:36 AM

file_279273.jpg

My first attempt at a Vicky head texture. 1700x1700 I'm going for a rough and ready look with no makeup - perhaps suitable for warriors of the past, present and future? I'm still not sure about the shaved head. It's part of the original photo reference, and to begin with I just left it in for the novelty value, but now I'm starting to get used to it! Maybe two versions - smoothie and skinhead? Is she 'rough' enough? Perhaps more blemishes or a small scar? The lashes still need some work, as do the lacrimal glands. All being well though, I reckon the end product should be up in freestuff by the weekend. BTW, would you be content with just the head texture? I'm not too good at bodies! TIA Graham

virchual ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 8:07 PM

Looking very good so far.

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 8:13 PM

That's a great start - I like it!

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 8:45 PM

gps, It looks very good to me :)

Poser 9 SR3 Ā and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:Ā  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:Ā  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:Ā  2.8 GHz
Operating System:Ā  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitĀ 
Graphics Type:Ā  ATI Radeon HD 4200
ā€¢ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphicsĀ 
System Ram:Ā  8GBĀ 

geep ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:53 PM

It's EXCELLENT!!! Keep going. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

stoney54 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 10:07 PM

WoW I really like this! It's about time some one create a unglamorous, rough and tumble type Texture! Keep up the great work Graham !

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 10:22 PM

I like it!!! Nice job. Marque

queri ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:17 PM

It's spectacular. A scar on the lip would be cool-- don't people in fights get spilt lips? That would be very unglamourous. I like the shaved. One can always put hair over it. Might even look like a wig, that also would be cool.

neurocyber ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:46 AM

Fantastic! I can think of a lot of uses. You could put it up bundled one with a scar and one with out.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:33 AM

Thats cool. Just what I was looking for the other day, a texture with no make up.Waiting patiently.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

hogwarden ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:15 AM

Nice to see a realistic texture at last... Please don't put a scar on there! It would be easier for users to add one if they need than to take one off... or package both versions. In my view it's not a question of glamour. This looks like a real person... I'm one of the odd people who find "perfection" relatively un-attractive ...Looking forward to seeing the next itteration. Bloody good work.

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:10 AM

I like this texture a lot. It really stands out from all the Vicki textures I've seen to date. A lot of Vicki textures look identical. This one is one of the few that I've actually taken time to examine. If you want to add scars, please do it as a separate texture map. With the second map, you can add lots of scars, then people can mix and match the two textures to get just the scars they want.

hermit ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:22 PM

I agree with the others. Natural is difficult to imitate, but scars aren't that hard to add if needed. not to mentin, no one is "born " with scars they can happen in the course of a story.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:49 PM

Wonderful. Just a basic color matching body texture would be helpful though.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:17 PM

This is excellent. It's very natural looking. More lifelike than the other so-called "perfect" faces I've seen. She could be your nextdoor neighbor or the gal in the next cubicle at work. I'm a bit tired of seeing the super models. It's very nice to see a "real person" texture. Melanie

gps ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone. Now I have to go watch my Alien 3 DVD, to check out profile shots of Sigourney Weaver's shaved head ;) Graham

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.