Sun, Oct 6, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Free at last!!!

rcook ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:44 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 6:55 AM

After considerable thought, I have decided to devote more of my time to working with my fiancee in our business pursuits involving Mehndi Studios and other new and exciting business ventures. Even though I will no longer be in a staff position here on Renderosity, I hope to remain and continue to learn and grow in my knowledge and love of computer graphics with all of you.

I have resigned my position with Renderosity, so go complain to someone else now. :)

Russell

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:54 PM

I love you dear.

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:00 AM

Too young for all that grey hair, huh? ;] Best of luck, all highly deserved success and joy to the both of you. 80 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sking ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:03 AM

Russell, I would like to take the time to say that you will be missed and that in my time here, you have done an outstanding job with the running of this site. Thank you and all the best to you and Mehndi and hope you will still pop in every once in a while. ----- Scott.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:06 AM

Hey, you did a great job. Goodluck with the Mehndi Studios.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Ambrosia ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:10 AM

WOW..amazing announcement! Thank YOU for everything that you have done for this site. I wish you the very best of luck in your future endeavours. ps. Congrats to you and Liz on your engagement!

Wizzard ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:10 AM

You'll be missed Russ.. but as long as you're happy then that's all that really counts 8 ) only the best for you mate

Cin- ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:11 AM

But what if I want to complain to you?

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:11 AM

Russell, I'd like to thank you for all the help you've given over the years. Good luck with all you do. You ever need a hand with anything, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

Im4Angels ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:12 AM

Awwww, Russ!!! Who are we gonna sic on the kitties??? all kidding aside, you will be sorely missed. Thank for the outstanding job you've always done. Best wishes with your business endeavor.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:17 AM

Good luck, Russell. Great work here. Who's the poor soul that has to fill your shoes?

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:34 AM

Good luck with all that you do, Russell!! Warm wishes to you and Mehndi and your work!! Jack

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:43 AM

One small bit of advice- to be free is a fine thing, but to be expensive is better. ;]

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:03 AM

Ok, well, congrats and all that, but who am I supposed to whine at when chat breaks now? grin, wink The NOIVE of some people. Humph! giggle Kate

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:31 AM

Good Luck indeed! - And Thank You for all you've done here! ..../People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel....

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:15 AM

Oh NO! Oh man, shit! Oh well, Russ, I certainly wish you the best. :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:34 AM

Good luck to you russell you will be missed.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:17 AM

Guys guys! :) This is not a wake... he is not going anywhere ;) Why so sad? Russell just wants to focus his time on his love of modelling in Lightwave, and other projects. He has been programming here a very long time now... after so very long most anyone could use a break from it all to shift gears and regain perspective by delving into new projects :) Why don't you all join the rest of us in Merchants Forum who were having ourselves a right pity party earlier, complete with huge bowls of Exotic Australian Vegemite Xanax seasoned chex mix, big plates of cookies, and a WHOLE season of Buffy on DVD .... whose up for a nice big three day BuffyFest? ;) No one's sad mood can hold up to that much good cheer and entertainment ;)

rcook ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:38 AM

She's right guys. I'm not going too far. I just now hope to have more time on my hands to devote to other projects. So, you might actually be seeing more of me now. :)

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:50 AM

Doh! Sad to hear that, but if this is what you want, all I can do is to thank you for your great work here and wish you all the best for your new job(s). take care Thomas

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:04 AM

Congrats Russell. Looking forward to seeing what you make with Lightwave. Confused the crap out of me when I looked at it, that's for sure. But you understand coding, so it'll probably be a breeze for you. Git.

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:24 AM

smiles To see some of what he has made in Lightwave, go look out at Daz at the HairBow on the UltraBaby, all the hair ornaments for UltraSalon I, and pretty much all of the models in the Sports Pack except the gymnastics equipment. He is quite good. You would not even believe what he has begun to model, and I want so bad to tell everyone... but I will have to wait for him to amaze you all himself :) It will be so awesome when he gets it done :)

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:56 AM

I hope all the best for you Russell in your new endeavor. :D

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:36 AM

Russ and Mehndi, I wish you both the best with your venture! Both in business and in your personal life. Russ, Thanks so much for your help and guidence over the years. You are a hell of a coder man and your LW stuff is awesome. Bets Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Spike ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:48 AM

Oh Wow! Russ, I hope everything works out well and you have lots of fun. Stay cool man.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

STORM3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:48 AM

Congrats to both of you. If Russell is half as good as you say Liz you should make an awesome modelling team.;0) Nothing like swapping "work" for "creative work", but save some time for fun as well. Regards STORM

Cin- ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:12 AM

This isn't a wake?! Then why the heck am I wearing all black? Oh wait... I do that anyway... goes back to sitting on the big maroon pillow I still want to know who's bringing the big tv to watch Buffy on.

Thorne ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:13 AM

Good Luck Russell! Glad you are "Free" at last! Please be so kind as to name the new programmer so I can transfer all the hard time I give you over to him/her. Thanks! Is it Fur??

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:36 AM

Oh my, this place won't be the same without you wearing the geek hat around here! =:o Okay, okay, it's not a wake... Best wishes to you, Russell, in whatever endeavors you have ahead, including the lovely Mehndi and your upcoming wedding and new life together. Everything you touch will turn gold - as it has been, so it shall be. :)

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:38 AM

Great news! It's a wonderful feeling to make a creative decision isn't it? Nothing better than doing something you love to do! Good luck to both of you! Lisa

Ladyfyre-graphics ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:43 AM

Best of luck to you both :) And you do realise that your leaving some pretty big boots to fill smiles Now where did I put that list of goddies I've been wanting modeled.......

www.ladyfyre-graphics.com

• Poser freebies, tutorials and articles, gallery and lots of stuffage for the Poser and Daz|Studio Horses!

pendarian ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 11:40 AM

This is wonderful news Russ and Mehndi!! Only the best for the two of you in your personal and business life. Russ you will be missed as coder/admin but it's time you did something for yourself, yes? Hugs to both of you :) Pendy

rcook ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 11:57 AM

My thanks to each and every one of you for your kind words. You've truly brought a smile to my face when I really needed one. :D

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:24 PM

I'm sorry to see you quit, but I understand. When I think of how much you must spend on aspirin every week...;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:52 PM

"My thanks to each and every one of you for your kind words. You've truly brought a smile to my face when I really needed one." Yeah, yeah, whatever, just get on with yer damn modeling, and don't push it. ;)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:04 PM

::: wanders in pushing the 62" Toshiba with surround sound ::: Ok, where do y'all want this, and where do I put the rear speakers? Hey! Where's my party mix??

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:17 PM

LOL... over there Kate!! Now are we gonna have us a 3 day long BuffyFest or what? ;)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:49 PM

hehe... yeppers

bonbon ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:17 PM

so what Russ is saying is that we can bitch and moan to him... and he will put it all into a lightwave image!!! Good luck to you both :)

scifiguy ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:22 PM

Hmmm...I'm with pendarian, this is wonderful news. I'm all for people working for themselves and devoting your full attention to it is great for you. Best of luck. Puts his chips and dip contribution on the table and joins the festival already in progress Turn it up a little would ya' Kate?

Axe555 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:39 PM

Jeez, I thought you were chained to the servers! ;) Good luck to both you and Mehndi in your personal and professional endeavors! Rich runs before they turn on Buffy

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 6:44 PM

Aw man! Well, take care Russell - and best of luck to you and Mehndi, both in your business ventures and your lives together!

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 2:06 PM

Not sure how I feel. A bit sad but also happy. Russell all the best to you and Lizzy. If there is anything you need just ask. LW was the right choice. I hardly use max anymore. Ron

rcook ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 2:35 PM

LOL@Ron. Don't let Liz hear you say that. She still can't stand LW's interface. However, we've got Rhino on order. She really liked the demo version she played with and can't wait to save more than 25 times. ;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 3:35 PM

Rhino is VERY cool, Russ. The only real problem with it is when you convert those NURBS objects into .OBJ, you can get some enormous files, very easily. Backing that little slider down a couple notches makes a huge difference.

caleb68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 3:39 AM

lol rcook, you'll be surely missed, liked talking with you when i did run into a accual problem here, you always took the time to look into it and try to get it fixed. Sorry to hear yet another great person from this site is going away... seems to be the trend here lately...

caleb68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 3:39 AM

lol rcook, you'll be surely missed, liked talking with you when i did run into a accual problem here, you always took the time to look into it and try to get it fixed. Sorry to hear yet another great person from this site is going away... seems to be the trend here lately...

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:53 AM

Thanks caleb68. I (mostly) enjoyed my time here serving the members and helping the mods. You kinda have to balance what it's worth to stay, and what it's worth to leave. And when the scale tipped, it was time for me to go. But, I'll be around, and may even find a way to serve the members once again. ;)

x2000 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:19 AM

Well, if you really want to help out, I think IB could use some help serving drinks down in the Tavern;)

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:23 AM

Yeah, he's gonna need help with that. Again, no work today, so I'll be hangin' round and I really need to keep that mug full at all times. Well, you said you wanted to serve.... ;)

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:23 AM

I think IB has more help in his forum than he wants right now. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.