Sat, Sep 21, 5:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: When are smart props smart?

queri ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:45 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 8:44 PM

Jim Burton's are geniuses, RunDNA have very high IQ's. But many of mine are blame stupid unless the model is in the default position. Necklaces, dogtags-- I seem to remember this from the combat pack review-- they tie themselves in knots and don't come near a neck or arm. Are you really only supposed to apply smart props in the default position? What do you do if the pose and the render is close to done but a little something shiny around the neck would be perfect? For clarity, I do choose the figure when I go to apply, and if I forget, I delete the prop and try again-- my Poser seems to slip to the hip or jacket without telling me. I'm not sure if the best choice for a smart prop, like for instance, a necklace, is Body or Neck. Neither worked for the dog tags when the character was in a sitting position. I do use the appropriate ear for earrings and foot for shoes. And then do conform. It was a night scene and I never could find the dogtags.

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:47 PM

First off, when you make them, make them on the figures OBJ mesh, so that you're sure they're in the right place. (Export the relevent body part or parts to obj, check ONLY for morph targets, open it in your modeling program.) Import your obj without centering, figure height, etc. checked. Parent them to the body part they most overlap -- necklaces to the chest, for example. Try checking "inherits bends of parent." For small props that don't have multiple parts, don't conform. (I think "conform" wants the prop to have joint parameters, falloff zones, etc.) Then save into prop library and check "smart prop." I've never had any trouble.

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:50 PM

place your prop once where it should be( earring at the ear) with the prop selected parent obj ( choose from your figure the ear) and click. than when you add your prop to one of the libaries, poser asks, if it should be saved as a smartprop.click to yes, and thats it. Dont try to conform a prop!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.