Sat, Oct 5, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: BVH Files?

cainbrogan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:32 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:17 AM

Can point objects, in a 3DS Max screen file, be exported as a BVH file? = )

cainbrogan ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:57 AM

I'd Like to get a Max pose into Poser4. I've found a motion capture plugin for Max, but really want to use Poser4. Is there a conversion technique available i.e. Max to X and Y or Z to obtain a BVH?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:01 PM

To the best of my knowledge, there is no easy way to convert from Max BIP format to BVH. I don't think you can accomplish this even with Life Forms. Ask wolf359. For a while, I had hopes that a BVH exporter would be written for MilkShape, which would allow people to convert SMD animations (an SMD exporter for Max is available), but no one has gotten around to coding it yet. So for now, the chain remains broken.

cainbrogan ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:38 PM

Hmm. This plugin exports data to a CSM file for Character Studio or TRC, SoftImage's native motion capture format,b ut then somehow we need to get to BVH for Poser4...

cainbrogan ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:48 PM

Wolf359 just replied to a thread of mine in the 3DSMax Forum. He said Life Forms could be used, but that its a hassle = (

Dark6Rayden ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 3:47 AM

Can anyone tell me, where I can download Poser BHV files for free?? I relly need something in martial arts for a 3D videoproduction. Any hints, plz?

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:18 AM

Your extra content CD that came with poser4 has some martial arts BVH files on it

My website

YouTube Channel

Dark6Rayden ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:10 PM

Really? I never looked at it, because I never needed it ... &-) I will check this, THX!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.