Fri, Sep 20, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: "The Tailor" in the marketplace sounds almost too good to be true, is it?

farang ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:33 AM

Codetwister generously offers a free demo of it on his site but I have yet to be able to download a copy of it that isn't corrupted. He doesn't do a very good job of marketing the thing and doesn't state that it will work with third party clothes or any clothing item. I was just wondering if this is the real deal or not.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 5:19 PM

I have the demo, but it doesn't show morphs, shows materials only. Not buying it until it works for me in demo. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 5:32 PM

Does show the morphs, you just have to dig deeper. Actually if it saves them out this will be an amazing piece of work. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 5:49 PM

Well I bought it so I will let you know what I think shortly. Marque

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 5:50 PM

I couldn't see the morphs at all. I tried it with Fantasy Vicki and Anton's Adventurer's outfit... never saw morphs. Does anyone HAVE this working? Like Marque said... if this saves them out... this will be DA BOMB! All those custom figures (like musclebound mike) able to wear regular clothes! SWWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:05 PM

I don't have it, but there's no reason why something like this shouldn't work.

The concept seems sound enough: code a 3D utility that can read Poser file formats, rescale meshes, and perform per-poly collision detection, and you have something that will refit clothes to any body morph.

I don't have the skills to write such a program, and salute those who do. I'll probably just wait until Poser 5 comes along, myself. But for users of Poser 4, this sort of tool will undoubtedly provide immediate gratification.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:05 PM

(waits expectantly for Marque to post his results)

Anzan ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:11 PM

:gets in line to wait too.... oh the evil I can wrought.... Dry washes his hands wickedly and holds back all his evil laughter.: Anzan...

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:12 PM

file_281580.jpg

Her results...lol I'm impressed, and not every product gets that from me. I just ran through a few morphs to test it out and I am glad I bought it. It has a wizard or you can do it yourself. Very clean interface, and very easy to use. Like I said I only threw a few in but here is CDI Mike the pod man. Marque

farang ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:12 PM

It was also be the most overdue utility in my opinion. I mean what I'm saying is I'm surprised someone hasn't been able to figure something like this out sooner. Codetwister, if this thing is real you're going to make some serious bucks off it. I'm sure that something like this has been attempted before but never successfully been created.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:37 PM

file_281582.jpg

ACK! I just bought it and it doesn't work! No morphs listed at all! *sigh*

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:38 PM

I just got it, going to test it soon on VV2. Perhaps I will no longer need to be the Magnet Master :p. Will post test images soon. - Gazzy

farang ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:56 PM

Either Codemaster just changed Poser as we know it or he just embaressed himself and pissed a lot of people off. P.S. Doesn't Renderosity have some kind of quality control to prevent defective or faulty items from being put in the marketplace. I'm sure they tested this thing out before they would let someone put a much desired utility in their store.

namja1955 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 6:58 PM

OOKAMI I had the same problem..Tried the standard Vicky V2 and saw the morph icon but no morphs.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:00 PM

Yup... I tried SEVERAL figures... including P4 Nude Man and P4 Nude Woman and still saw NOTHING. What operating system are you using namja?

namja1955 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:01 PM

WIN XP with Poser Pro Pack

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:05 PM

It's workin for me too.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:12 PM

Ok Looks like no morphs but click where you see the + sign. I did the same thing. Marque

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:19 PM

Just to give you some detail on my situtation... System: AMD XP1800 1 GB RAM 120 GB HD Windows XP Pro Poser 4.03 I loaded Fantasy Vicki (and several others at different times) as my base figure (source figure). I loaded Anton's Adventurer Outfit as the dress (target figure). When I went into the tree structure under the SOURCE (figure) and NO MORPHS were listed. In fact, there were no morphs under the target either (dress). Not sure why... or what to do about it.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:25 PM

Marque... take a look at the pic in my post... I expanded everything so that they all have minus signs... is there something else I need to do? Did I miss anything? I tried right clicking but that didn't do anything either. Please help!

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:29 PM

More updates... When using the wizard, after loading the figure and the "dress", it says to make sure they appear conformed... except no figure ever even appears in the right side of the screen. This is probably a bad thing. Codetwister... HELP!

namja1955 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:34 PM

I accidentally loaded a figure with a Hair prop. The only thing that showed up in the window was the Mesh of the hair. I never saw a mesh of Vicky. It must have some trouble bringing the I tried P4, Mike, the MilGirls, none of the meshes ever appear.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:35 PM

That's the clue then. It might be that the names are different or something in the adventurer outfit. Marque

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:36 PM

Vicki 2, Michael 2 and Posette never appeared either in my version.

namja1955 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:39 PM

Marque, I tried the standard Vicky 2 with the standard Vicky clothes and it didn't work..

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:43 PM

I have messaged and emailed Codetwister... hopefully he will reply soon.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:50 PM

I'm sure he will take care of you. Marque

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 7:52 PM

I tried the demo...like others no meshes ever loaded in the window and no morph targets appear in the hierarchy. I tried base P4 figures and clothes and naked/untextured Vicki and Mikes. Nothing goes. Morph Master, which he also wrote, works fine on my PC and it appears the sys reqs are similar...the program interface is basically the same. I can't wait to hear from codetwister and hope this think gets working. waiting anxiously credit card in hand

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:02 PM

Well check this out, I get all the morphs in the window, I SEE a perfect fitting clothing item in the window, however when I save the finished CR2 it doesn't contain the new morphs. I could be doing something wrong, but I do see a real well fitting clothing item in the interface. And yes this isn't the DEMO :p. - Gazzy

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:14 PM

I am having problems with some of the morphs too. I think I need to sit down and read the file that comes with it and work a little slower. It does work on some so I must be doing something wrong here. Time to rtfm...lol Marque

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:24 PM

ok, I got a bikini top to work, now trying some of Billy-T's more complex clothes :p

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:31 PM

Those of you having problems... make sure there are NO PROPS, HAIR, TEXTURES or BUMP MAPS applied to your CR2s.

-Jeff

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:39 PM

I just went back into both Fantasy Vicki and the Adventurer's outfit and set the texture and bump map to NOTHING... then I re-saved them as new CR2's and tried it with them.... doesn't work still... no morphs recognized... I hope Codetwister responds soon. He has been strangely silent.

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:49 PM

The interesting part I am experiencing now is that when I load the target clothing item, it isn't in groups, which I think is causing my final CR2 to poop on me. I think it is perhaps the way that that particular clothing item is written. Like I said I got a Bikini Top (daz clothing pack 1) to fit perfect.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:55 PM

Does the Adv Outfit have changing geometries? If so, this might cause a problem.

kiru ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 8:58 PM

file_281585.jpg

so far so good. I loaded base mike 2, gave him some morphs, and ran it and it seemed to work just fine

kiru ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:00 PM

When i loaded a cr2 i had morphed, but added a texture to, there were no morphs listed, but realistically speaking, i will be buying this asap. Of note is the fact that i did NOT read the read me, nor do more than glance at the directions in the wizard. Kudos to the codemasters :)

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:03 PM

I tried totally nude, unpropped, untextured files from the very beginning--I just tried again with a white, untextured Dork and the baseball shirt. Nothing shows in the window and there are no morphs listed. It doesn't matter what files I try, the result is the same. :(

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:06 PM

Use the program wizard, that may help. The MTs are listed under the groups.

lelionx ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:12 PM

can someone post a url for the demo?

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:20 PM

Ok, I'm downloading the demo, but there really isn't a way to know if it works right, as you can't save the the new item to test it, so I won't buy it till a lot of people say yes it does work :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:29 PM

file_281588.jpg

I did use the wizard. My arrow points to my untextured P4 Man, and the baseball shirt has no textures by default. This is all I get...no morphs in the fully expanded list, no meshes show up in the window. I also tried without the wizard...it makes no difference at all. Its either a flaw in the demo, there is some system requirement he didn't explain properly (I do have an OpenGL video card BTW), or it just doesn't work right. I don't know what else to tell ya, but I really hope codetwister can figure out whatever the issue is because I'd love to buy this product!

JDexter ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:34 PM

Not working for me either. (I bought it) THose who have had some success, could you tell us if you are using the Pro Pack or not? I have the Pro Pack, and I am in the same boat, no morph targets show up at all. JDexter

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:35 PM

file_281589.jpg

The demo works here. I loaded V1 and the untextured Adventurer Costume and transferred all the Faerie Morphs to the Adventurers, processed them and am now applying them and getting a preview right in The Tailor.

The image shows the that I haven't finished applying all of the morphs to the Adventurers yet. :)

Lisa

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:35 PM

file_281590.jpg

As far as I can tell, every DAZ item I have tried has worked, and no Billy-T ones so far. I think perhaps it has something to do with how the OBJ is written? /shrug

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:37 PM

I'm NOT using the ProPack. I am using Windows 2K, and AMD 1.4G with 530RAM, Nvidia GE Force MX/MX2

JDexter ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:43 PM

I just tried it on my older, Win98 System with same results =( Using base Mike 2 and the Shorts. No MT so I can't transfer. Thought maybe the XP was causing problems (nah, that never happens, hehe) Still trying different things.

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:43 PM

Yep, none of my Billy-T items will work, let me move to Phantoms.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:46 PM

file_281591.jpg

When I tried to load up the laSEDUZIONE_Pants, the error message "List index out of bounds (57)" was displayed, but it did load the bra. And when I loaded Billy-T's microskirt, it loaded as shown in the image, with no body parts, and the Billy-T's superslim jeans, one group is displayed --leVIS. The problems are probably due to strange stuff in the CR2's and the meshes.

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:49 PM

In the event PC specs may help codetwister: 1.7P4 384ram WinME, 32mb NVidia GEForce2 MX AGP No propack.

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 9:49 PM

It would seem two problems have arisen. 1) Some people get NO MT's at all. 2) The people who do, do not have support for all clothing items. So far all my DAZ work, and I am working on other "brands". No Billy - T ; ( :p

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.