Sun, Sep 22, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Help! Mac user sinking fast

Kathleen ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2000 at 12:51 AM ยท edited Mon, 12 August 2024 at 4:05 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie around here. I already sent this question to Martin, but then afterwards (shoulda looked on the forum first) I saw that he posted he would be away for a while, so I'm hoping one of my fellow Mac users knows what's going on. I recently got Poser4 and the Poserworld CD for my iMac, and also download the Maconverter for it. I can convert the Poserworld files without a problem, and set them up in my Poser4 folder. But, when I try to use certain clothing on my models, a warning comes up saying that it can't run the obj. Then, after I click off that evil sign, another comes up to tell me I'm out of memory. By that time, not only is there no clothing on the figure, but the figure has mysteriously disappeared too! There's got to be a reason for this to be happening, and I hope somebody knows it. If you do, please, help this lil' Mac user out. I'd be so thankful. -Kathleen

stonecold ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2000 at 1:36 AM

you have to convert the .obj file as well with the macconverter. and give poser all the memory you have! should work stonecold

jnmoore ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2000 at 6:18 AM

Kathleen, You need to make sure that the obj file is in the correct folder inside of the geometries folder; ie. runtime/geometries/pswcd/filename.obj. When you click on the cr2 file for the clothing you are trying to use, that file contains a reference (in two places no less) to the .obj file residing inside of the geometries folder. If Poser can't find the file where the cr2 file said it would be then it goes ballistic and you get the error message you are describing. There is usually a readme file with the clothing files and it should tell you where to put the .obj file. If everything checks out and it still won't work, you can use resedit, bbedit, etc to look at the .cr2 file (it's just an ascii text file) and determine where your .obj file should reside. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, drop me a line at jnmoore@usaor.net and I'll be glad to look at the file for you or do anything else to help you get it working. Jim Moore

texboy ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2000 at 9:30 AM

Kathleen, I've seen both those fatal error messages on my Mac. The "out of memory" error seems to occur whenever Poser (or the processor) doesn't know what else to do with a file, especially if it can't find a required .obj thingie. Sometimes, if you look closely at that "can't find..." box, it'll give you the path it's looking for to the .obj; you can hide Poser, put the bits in the proper folder(s), paying close attention to capitalization, spelling, spaces, etc., and then try again. Sometimes the readme files spell out where stuff should go; sometimes they don't. And assign as much memory as you possibly can to Poser; it doesn't seem to mind RamDoubler, at least on my machine, so crank it up! Give me a shout at texboy@earthlink.net if you want to talk further. Don't give up!! Paul

MartinC ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2000 at 4:00 AM

Hi, just got a chance to drop in here before my return... Kathleen, the PoserWorld CD gets all file names spoiled when used directly on Mac. I wrote some AppleScripts that will copy the content properly to your Mac disk. Unfortunately I can't remember the URL of my own stuff right now :-) Go to PoserWorld, visit the Links page, and there is a download link to the scripts. This might help, if not I'll look at it next week. Cheers, MartinC

willf ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2000 at 10:18 PM

Link for PoserWorld CD PCtoMAC fix AppleScripts: http://home.main-rheiner.de/soft.rabbit/pw_scripts.sit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.