Sat, Sep 21, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: "The Forgotten"

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:46 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:42 AM

This is a new series of images I've been dabbling in. It got started sort of accidentally, I sat out one day to see if I could find anything intresting on the ground to photo and I came across more things than I could have imagined. I feel kinda silly about posting these to both the gallery and the forum b/c I dont want ppl to get burned out on an image, but I figured different ppl come to different parts of render right? :)

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:46 PM

file_282012.jpg

"Canned"

This is my fav. so far. Just an old can lying beneath the bridge but how long could it have been lying there??

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:47 PM

file_282013.jpg

"Lost"

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 6:48 PM

file_282014.jpg

Not too thrilled w/ this one yet I may chuck it from the series but more to come soon :) Hope you liked and comments appreciated.

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:05 PM

file_282015.jpg

Just playing around some more but I sort of like this in BW better.

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:06 PM

file_282016.jpg

More BW... OKAY OKAY I'm thru for now lol

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:09 PM

Alright Maygen!! These are excellent!....I love the can image and I agree it really is effective in b&w. Keep looking down, some of the best photographic material is right under your feet.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Rork1973 ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 7:51 PM

Yeah, it's got something special or mysterious.....like it a lot! BTW been too long since we've seen any new work from you, Maygen ;)

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2002 at 8:33 PM

These are grand, Maygen! That first one of the can is just awesome - all those footprints and treads around it and the rust on the can itself, and the total anonymity of the lost and lonely can really comes through in the color version - excellent work!

bevchiron ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 12:44 AM

Great subjects Maygen, these are all good but I really like the sunken shopping trolley, such a common sight but it makes a striking image.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Maygen ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 1:10 AM

Thanks for the comments. I was really happy with the can. I didnt expect the detail of the ground to come in quite so clearly. kodak max 800 film If I'm not mistaken. I have more of these on the way -- waiting for them to be developed. :D

doruksal ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 2:10 AM

I agree with bevchiron that the sunken shopping trolley is a very interesting shot.
I think such an item is rare to find in such a situation, as if it is the death of a unique species, and the photo becomes as if it is a straight documentation of that death...
To comment as such, maybe I'm much affected from the "Death is a Lonely Business" of Ray Bradbury that I'm reading right now... :)
As a photograph, maybe this one needs a little bit of contrast esp. at the shadowy parts in the upper left quadrant, and a little closer cropping......these surely being IMHO...

I find the b/w version of the rusted can to be the better one over the colored version...

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 5:24 AM

Nice, Maygen, v.nice - when I got my new camera (but didn't know how to use it!) I did a similar thing with 5 or 6 photo's in the Macro mode - deleted them by mistake, got angry with myself and didn't re-do them...... I love the vodka bottle! It's sorta pointing the direction down a road of alchoholism, or summik? Or is it just my mind running down a wierd path?!? lol (",)

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 7:46 AM

I especially like "The Can" image. I've just stared at it for a time and wondered how many people walked by this without giving it a second thought! The footprints on the ground reinforce this for me! Great Stuff!

Artax ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 8:20 AM

lovely rusty little can... really nice contrast between the surface fo the can and the prints in the earth around. REALLY GOOD! =)

Maygen ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 11:49 AM

I never really thought of the vodka bottle like that but it makes sense LOL. I agree about the shopping cart -- I was thrilled when I came across it. Sort of a shame I couldnt find a better angle to shoot it from.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 4:58 PM

Hehe! Maygen go get yourself some thigh high rubber boots. Then next time you can climb into the creek or river and shoot. I found myself a pair of $4 thigh highs at one of those bargain basement discount stores and I keep them in the back of my minivan. Haven't had the chance to use them yet...but when it warms up more I plan on going river walking. :~)

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 12:22 PM

Love the rusty can, yes the other are very good too but the can.... all that soft colors and texture on the ground...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.