Fri, Sep 20, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Morph Target - wrong number of verticles... grr...

brittmccary ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 8:29 AM ยท edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 6:52 PM

I've made a series of face morph targets for the P4 infant. But when I try to load most of them, I get the message "wrong number of verticles". I swear, I haven't removed or added any verticles. So why do I get this message? Here is what I did: 1) Zeroed the figure, IK chains off 2) exported head out of Poser, imported it in the modeller 3) added dimples (just MOVED some of the verticles) 4) exported out of modeller to the Geometries folder 5) started a new document in Poser, in with Infant 6) Choose bodyparts, Head. 7) "Load Morph target" 8) Nasty message :( What can I have done wrong?? Britt

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 9:00 AM

it is possible that the modeller (which one?) is welding points that stands too close to each other...

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 9:00 AM

"that STAND too..." :-[P

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 9:26 AM

You can not add or remove, just re-arrange! What modeler are you using? I use Rhino and you must uncheck the lower boxes when exporting/saving the morph out. Also you may want to do a search here for the utility "Compose" Run the obj you exported out of poser into this, then into modeler. It fixes little imperfections in the exported obj from poser.

brittmccary ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 12:46 PM

Hmm... 'rosity ate my message!! aleks... that's probably what happened. I'm using Amapi! Hmm... (and what's an extra S between friends! lol) TMGraphics.. I'll try the Compose utillity, - and see if that might help! Thanks! Britt

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 5:11 PM

I check every box on Poser's .OBJ export and then uncheck the 'weld vertices' option. Otherwise, forget it.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 9:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/index.html

You can also try the Amapi tutorials on morphs at Traveler's site.

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:14 PM

If you are using Max and the obj exporter from duck do not check "compress vertices". This will eliminate vertices if theya re the same point to save space. That will change the order and number of vertices. One test you can try is to merely export a test MT like you've been doing and try and reapply it. If that works then the problem is your modelling tool's importer or exporter.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 8:56 PM

Maybe slightly OT, but I experienced this problem with the recently posted Free Stuff Tube Dress for Vicky when trying to apply the morphs that came with the dress download. Don't know what the problem is. Anyone?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

mjtdevries ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 5:37 AM

I got exactly the same message trying out how to make morhps for the first time yesterday(also with AMAPI). The problem in my case was that I modified a nurb, but the object had other nurbs that I did not modify. I exported the whole object again as OBJ, and when I imported it in Poser I got that same error message. When I made sure I deleted all nurbs that I didn't change it worked fine. I just tried the head and it worked fine too. Did you maybe also export the eyes? In that case you would have to deleted the eyes in AMAPI so that when you load the morph only the modified vertices for the head are imported. It makes sense afterwards, but it did take a while for me yesterday to figure that out :-) Marc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.