Sat, Sep 21, 12:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Twas a cold and stormy night...

adam ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2000 at 5:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: http://thibs.menloschool.org/~Fanmail3D/outhouse.jpg

Well, not really stormy Yes, these are VERY random, but I just want your opinion on which one is better, or if you have any suggestions. Thanx -Adam

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 12:52 AM

Actually the third one caught my eye. I like what looks like the moon and the stars on the side of the structure. Not being critical but you do need to fix the word "Sormy" on the picture or is that what you meant by not really stormy? Oh hope I don't insult you but third one looks like a shadow going into a rather cool out house. But it is giving me the shivers! Only because it is so cold here. I think I would rather wait till I explode inside before I would venture out! I hate when it goes into the minus's. LOL not the reaction I am sure you were thinking of from your picture. But I for one, like number 3 the best. smiles

adam ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 2:36 AM

HAHA!! Don't worry LilWolff! I am not offended at all. Actually I am glad you noticed that because that is what I wanted it to look like. Like I said... RANDOM =) . But what he is actually doing is taking care of buisness ON the out house. VERY RANDOM. I was just playing around. Does the out house not look like an out house enough? I meant to say Stormy, so thanx for noticing that. I know it isn't really stormy, but the saying gives the image a little bit of a creepy look (or am I way off?). -Adam

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 1:27 PM

LOL so that is what caught my eye, a guy doing his business on the outhouse. Well, I guess that would catch my eye outside of cyber space too. But then I would probably go over and give him a tongue lashing for not stepping inside. grins The outhouse looks fine, my only hesitation was because it did looked so nice and wonderfully decorated. As far as the word stormy, you of course use the word you are comfortable with and you feel projects what you want. But if you are looking for new word, you might consider using, shadowy or sinister or something like that. smiles

adam ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 3:21 PM

Haha, i will try to make the out house look a little less homely. I'm just curious, does the saying go like this: Twas a cold and stormy night...? Or am I missing something? I will try to add some clouds to get a little bit of the stormy feel. The resolution on my images are not that great so it is a bit hard to see the stars and moon. Sorry about that -Adam

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 4:39 PM

It was a dark and stormy night: I think it is the most famous opening phrase. It was written back in the 1800's. It was the line quoted by Snoopy in Peanuts. But don't know if that is what you are looking for.

adam ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 4:48 PM

hehe, thanx for enlightening me. I didn't know Snoopy quoted it. But I love the phrase

CEBrown ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 2:44 PM

The most famous Bad Opening Line of a story is "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night." Charles Schultz took this MUCH farther (I don't remember the whole thing, something like "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly a shot rang out. A pirate ship appeared on the horizon." THere's something about a maid and a nurse or some such). This was Snoopy's "Great Novel." It also inspired an annual competition to come up with the worst opening sentence of a novel. Some of the contestants I've seen were hilarious, others just painful to read but all bad... Not like the images; cute stuff. I kind of liked the UFO one myself...

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 7:52 PM

Haha, thanx for the interesting info. I did not know that. WOW.

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 7:56 PM

Haha, thanx for the interesting info. I did not know that. WOW.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.