Sat, Sep 21, 9:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The art of sewing...

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 8:54 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:46 AM

file_285905.jpg

Well, I guess this is for the ones out there that sew....it always fascinates me when I see my sister start on a piece of organic cloth, then finishes with some kick-ass pillow or a dress, or clothing for her kid....what an art I tell ya...anyhoo, also wanted to try out the Ilford xp2...

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 8:55 PM

file_285906.jpg

and another....

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:07 PM

Ah, good character shots of your sister's hands at work, creating. It is an art, and a handy one to know too! I like the way the folds and pattern of the material have come out on these pics too. Good stuff Rohy!

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:16 PM

I sew my pants up every 3 weeks or so. I guess that means I ain't the best at it! But i would like a machine actually, handheld or mondo momma like that one, just so I could sew properly. Anyhoo, me prefers the first one. Still in the first, right under the light of the machine, me thinks the cloth would look a bit better if it were burned in a bit (it's really blown out), and the hands right under the light (almost) with a bit more contrast to bring out the cracks of the hands. think about it, the hard labour of the seamstress, her hands gradually wearing away to nothingness... all cracky and stuff or something. Cool cool man.

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:21 PM

thanks punk, it definetly is real handy one.....and I agree with contrasting the detailed cracks in her hand, would make it more dramatic in a sense of labour...

claudiow ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:21 PM

great subject... well, I think the main light could be weakened, it looks a little industrial for me... anyway, I love those ancient pedal sewing machines!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:37 PM

Makes me wish I could sew well.....great shots Rohy!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 11:02 PM

Well done photos of someone skilled and enjoying her work. My Mom used to love to sew. I keep thinking how easy it would be for that needle to polk through where it shouldn't.

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 12:23 AM

As a sewing person I can say Yes, it is easy to sew your finger into the stuff, and there will be nasty red spots. I prefer the first one, there you can see how smooth the work is going on.And the light is on the hand. In the second, she has come to a difficult moment, it seemes to me, and the movement has slowed down.

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 2:49 AM

These are both nice shots. I like the first one just because of her hands.

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 3:14 AM

...beautiful pics. First one is like directly from textbook. My workmate praises it as well. .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.