Sat, Sep 21, 8:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: My First Hi-Speed Stop Action Photo

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 11:35 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:50 AM

file_285946.jpg

So I built one of those sound activated strobe units out of an old external flash. My brother was assisting me as we set it up to take a few test shots. Unfortunately (for me) my brother sneezed while we were still setting up the shot, which prematurely triggered the device. It DOES seem to work pretty well though.

billglaw ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 11:47 PM

Serendipity thy graces abound. A wonderful capture

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 11:49 PM

You really didn't plan this? I'm sure it is a picture your family will treasure for many years to come. Do you have schematics for the circuit, or is there a URL?

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 12:08 AM

Attached Link: http://misty.com/people/don/donflash.html

Oh all right Misha, it's really a semi-fake. My brother and I posed (seperately) for this shot, but the spray really is a bunch of high-speed stop action shots from a spray bottle. I've done a number of other test shots in order to get a feel for stop-action photography and eventually I intend to get around to doing some good looking stuff. For more than you ever wanted to know about sound activated triggers and homebrew high-speed strobes, see the link above.

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 12:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.hiviz.com/

Here's another link relating more specifically to high speed photography.

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 12:20 AM

Thanks. I've added the link to my collection. Always fascinated by stop action stuff. Still, sure your family will treasure this. Opens possibility to all sorts of bodily functions... On reflection, forget about it, please.

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 1:42 AM

LOL! A good composite, and this high-speed stop action capturing has always fascinated me too! I'll never forget the first image I ever saw along those lines...it was a milky "crown" - a splash of milk captured in one of the first strobe shots, the next (one I saw) was an orange being pierced by a bullet. Looking foward to seeing some of your "good stuff" ASalina, and thanks for the links. BTW - The whole thing about the sneezing...EEEEUUUUCK! - and I've had hay-fever all weekend too! :-)>

Maygen ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 2:51 AM

EEEWWWW lol! Cool shot and set up. I always liked these, I saw one of a collapsing water droplet once that was really awesome. Nice work :)

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 3:25 AM

wow, this is worth getting into...would like to see someone get the snot punched out of him....

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 6:26 AM

Ha! That's cool!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 8:20 AM

hmmm.... gotta admit, the spray did look too uniform and fake when I saw it, and it would happen so fast you wouldn't have had time to react quite so much - so sorry, I sussed it.... HOWEVER it is an FLIPPING AMAZING pic in itself, and the idea musta come from one WARPED individual.... kewl.... (",)

Caledonia ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 10:02 AM

Priceless pic even if it is set up. Gives the viewer a good laugh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.