Sun, Sep 22, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Need help in identifying an artist....

BazGibb ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 6:26 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:46 PM

file_120432.jpg

hiya - just wondering if anyone can identify the name of the artist who creates this type of work. This is just a tiny bit of the picture though. It's definately russian and is like a russian propeganda poster. Any help would be appreciated, though I know Im clutching at straw.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 6:47 PM

Inoff the Red maybe .... or was he the snooker player? ;)

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 6:51 PM

It's not in any of my reference material. One of those Constructivist things? This is not contemporary art, right? Gustav Klustis? Sergey Senkin? El Lissitsky? Rodchenko? I'm guessing.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 6:54 PM

Kinda looks like a poster by Vladimir and Georgii Stenberg in one of the books.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 6:56 PM

heya; i think it's dr legume. either that, or he might know artists who do stuff like that. :)

Maz ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 7:18 PM

Nice one Phil, though I don't suppose those outside the UK will understand it.

BazGibb ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 7:34 PM

Fortunately I'm from Newcastle so I understand it Maz ;) Thanks all.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 3:09 AM

Hey! Bazgibb I'm from amble :o) thats 3 geordie Posers I know of now :o).............Steve

BazGibb ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 4:52 AM

Heh Steve - who else?

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 6:22 AM

I guy called Dave from whitley bay he doesn't post but he's a really nice guy helped me out big time.........Steve

eh3d ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 8:49 AM

Hey.. I've seen this pict before. It's on a LP Cover but sorry, I don't remember the name. eh

eh3d ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 8:54 AM

Hey.. I've seen this pict before. It's on a LP Cover. I think it was Spear of Destiny but I'm not sure about this. eh

Hob ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 8:05 PM

Could you show us the entire pic. ? It would make identifying it A LOT EASIER! Until then, we can only guess.

BazGibb ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:05 PM

Hob - sadly that is pretty much the whole lot - it was taken off an Absolut Vodka advert :) however, I have definately seen work by the same artist beofre - its a nightmare to track down!!

fur ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:29 PM

It looks kinda like BRUTE! to me, he did the art for all the KMFDM albums, and a computer game, although I can't think of the name of the game right now. I would say that piece isn't actually his, but its definately the same style if that's what you are after.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.