Wed, Sep 25, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce vs. 3DS MAX

bobhobz ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 11:23 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:25 PM

I've been given the task of creating an opening animation for an upcoming satellite tv broadcast. Now I have both Bryce and 3DS MAX on my computer and I'm debating which program will produce the better quality for tv. I've used Bryce for several years now and am comfortable with it while I've only barely scratched the surface of MAX. If I can get TV quality animation out of Bryce, I'd prefer using it. Any advice out there?

Bob

joke ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 1:37 PM

This is a no-brainer: use Bryce!!

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 10:43 PM

I like Bryce. I also have Lightwave. If I could ever figure it out, I might prefer it, esp. for TV. But I don't know max, so illuminate us, Joke, why is Bryce the "No-Brainer"?

WoostaChris ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 11:04 PM

If you know Bryce, and know texturing and animating in Bryce, then go with Bryce. If you know Max, and can texture and animate in Max, than go with it. I recently had to do a 30-second animation in Max... It wasn't fun, mainly from the fact that I had limited experience in Max. It did, however, render fairly quickly. It may depend upon the timeframe. Bryce takes a long time to render, whereas Max renders are often quicker. It also depends upon which package you are more comfortable in. Good luck.

bobhobz ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 5:18 AM

I appreciate your input, Joke. It's true Bryce will take forever to render the final animation and time is not exactly a luxury here when it comes to our satellite broadcasts. MAX will certainly do a faster job and it seems to be the standard for animations here. I don't think they've ever considered using anything else. I also need to learn how to use MAX. I've had it on my computer for 4 years now and only now have I had a chance to really use it. I wonder...can you bring Bryce constructs into MAX?

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 8:28 AM

So the choice is one app you can work in efficiently but the renders will be slow vs one app with fast renders but you will have to learn stuff. There are tips in the forum for speeding up slow renders. As for learning MAX, try making models for your bryce pictures.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:52 PM

You can bring bryce terrains into make via export.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.