Tue, Oct 22, 7:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Concept Car "Shark Attack" , what to do with the doors ?

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 7:09 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 8:28 AM

file_76.jpg

Have a new car on modelling, but before i can start with modelling the interior i had to decide how the driver will jump in. For the moment i see 3 solutions: - normal doors - gullwing doors - the whole front opens Now i'm interested which method you would prefere. This car doesn't really exist it's just the imagination of a car which if i could i wants to have. I will name it "Shark Attack" about the speed and agility of those animals which i wants to have on a car. SHARKEY

lmacken ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 7:20 PM

...an horizontal hinge at the top front corner of each door, so it rotates up and forward. cool car.

davo ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 8:19 PM

wow, looks great, just like a HotWheels car, I love it. Don't really need doors Davo

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 8:19 PM

The way the front glass comes round it looks like the doors'll be hard to cut. But if you must, gullwing doors would look grand. Unless of course the whole dash, glass and all lifts up and over the hood, not pivot - just raise and forward. If the cut is jagged on the hood than it will look kinda like a sharks mouth when its open. Concept cars are fun. :) about a zillion years ago matchbox? had a model car that was a streamlined blue grey car with a black sharks fin - called sonmething like SharkBite. My brother and I argued over who got that car until I repainted a chevy with flames and he took that instead. :) Lyrra

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 9:01 PM

Have the character jump out of it like Speed Racer or the Dukes of Hazzard - then you won't need doors.

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 9:15 PM

I'm with davo.. Doors? why? if you can't jump in, you have no businness being in that car. A shark is a predator, living on impuse alone. Release you impluse, swin with the sharks, or be eaten by em'... sorry about that.. I had that mood just like come over..

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 9:57 PM

Make that three with DAVO! "Doors? We don't need no stinking doors!"

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 10:44 PM

Bah! I love the idea of the entire front opening... that way we'd also get to look at that monster of an engine that must be under the hood! And we'd be able to model our own add-on packs, like blowers ( with a corresponding transmap on the hood), turbo, chromed pipes, and so on! A simple chamfered box and a few tubes with texmap would be sufficient at first, with a morph to make it flat so we can put in our own motors should we so choose... now -THAT- would be awesome...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 10:58 PM

Hello Sharkey: As always great stuff man! I love the car concept, and I guess it could be very original to have the whole front open :) after all there is not too much cars which are able to open the doors that way. Best Regards Virus

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

davo ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 11:51 PM

okay how about suicide doors, they open to the side as normal, but the hing is over the rear wheel well. That way you could do a curving cut just starting behind the glass and around the air scoop that's built into the side. Davo

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:13 PM

Thanks a lot for all the sugestions. Now i will see if i can do it two ways. Means with and without a flip-front, so there'll be a small rim which could be turn off and on while it's a separate material. So the sportiv one's of you could jump in and the others will take the easy way while opening the hood. Ehh, just before i forget. About the fact that the seats will be remodelled and will become a more lie/resting position Vicky can't drive the car with her pumps/highheels. I will also see if i can do some cutouts while using materials for the mentioned hood-openings for blowers, pipes and more. This way the car can have some highlights too. But this just if it doesn't distortes the mesh-smoothness too much and the file-size wont increase abnormal. SHARKEY

Norbert ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:25 PM

Posable ejector seats??!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.