Sat, Sep 21, 9:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: "Contact" sheet

Misha883 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 10:59 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:32 AM

file_422.jpg

Yes, I'm still making photos, but they are coming a lot slower. I finally finished scanning in the negatives from the last snowfall. Now I need to pick and choose, cleanup and post. Doesn't seem to be a juxta-whatever among them though. Before I clean these up, I'm promising myself to adjust the gamma on my monitor; folks have commented lately that some of my posts are too "overexposed." And some of yours are much too dark on my monitor. Some of these snow shots I think will be really neat, so don't want to screw up too badly. Probably find I have to re-do my whole Gallery, (long drawn out primal scream).

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:21 PM

dont redo the gallery dude, just fix it for from now on. Who knows, maybe all our monitors are the ones that are screwed up, and only yours and Alpha's (lol, suckah punch to the gut Fred!) are working right. post some of these soon. Also, you work with a darkroom ever? I got a nifty little trick I havent shared with many (HURRY UP WITH IT JOVAN!!) that i would liket o see what the results would be in colour...

doruksal ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 12:07 AM

Do you really have to pick and choose..? Well, surely do it and produce some lovely singular images, but your contact sheet looks very beautiful to me, with all the variations and repetitions... Maybe they need to be arranged tidier with equal spaces between them (but this is just my obscession, and they surely may not need also), and the work in total should be larger... ...But, it would have been an exciting experience to see such a "forest in pieces" work printed in large format (maybe exaggeration, but I'm thinking of a format with at least 1.5 m in hight) and hung up on an exhibition wall... :)

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 12:43 AM

Looks like some really nice shots in there & they do create a great effect all together like that. Being on a Mac I understand the gamma problem, I like my monitor the way it is but if I use graphics converter & look at the same image with Mac & Windows gamma settings I realise most people see something very different & have to go for something between the two.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 12:58 AM

I agree with Doruk about the multiple images looking great! I think the individual images full size also merit attention though!! Not too sure about Gamma and such like as I really am an ignoramus! :-)>

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 7:38 AM

Slynky - I spent my teenage years in a B&W darkroom, (which maybe explains a lot of things...). Tried color darkroom, and compare it with watching paint dry wearing a blindfold. You folks may talk me into B&W again. Bev -You've hit the issue exactly, I like the way my monitor looks. (I also started with a Mac). I'll run some experiments.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:03 AM

It looks like you've got some great shots in there Misha...I like Doruk's idea too. I think we all like our monitors the way they are....it's scary to start playing around with the gamma....especially if you make your prints on a printer you start playing around and you could screw everything up. At least that's my feeling...I could be wrong.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Maygen ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 1:11 PM

I like how you've done this--I've really been enjoying these snow scenes since theres about the same chance of it snowing in hell before it does here. :D I hate that whole gamma problem too lol. Every image probably looks slightly different to everyone and I cant say that I've noticed any over exposure in yours.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.