Sat, Sep 21, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Juxtaposition, I am a bit unsure...

gunsan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 7:53 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:45 AM

file_602.jpg

...can you call this a juxtaposition?? Just testing :-) The famous hen and egg-thing

Caledonia ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 11:41 AM

I don't know if it is juxtaposition but it sure is funny.

Maygen ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 12:08 PM

It is really funny ) I love your work! I'm having a similar problem with jux...whatever hehe. Could someone who has caught on post an example of what qualifies? :)

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 1:22 PM

My take on juxtaposition, although I haven't had time to shoot any examples, is an image of two (or more) objects that are related to each other in some way. Gunsan's chicken/egg image is a good example. I had heard somewhere that Shaqil O'Neil and that little guy who played Mini-Me in the second Austin Powers movie are supposed to be good friends. A photo of them hanging out together would be a very good example of juxtaposition. The trick, I think, with juxtaposition is to get the viewer to recognise what the relationship between the objects is. The fun thing about juxtaposition is that it opens the door to visual jokes, such as a "No Swimming" sign posted in front of a frozen pond. A disabled car with a wheel that is falling off, parked in front of a tire store with a sign over it announcing a half off sale is another good one. Finding good juxtaposition subjects, however, takes time, and I don't know if one month will be long enough.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 2:14 PM

That's funny gunsan! Truth be told....the whole concept was a bit fuzzy for me too, and I haven't even tried for anything this month. Oh well! :~( I think ASalina has defined it very well at least I understand what juxta-what means now. Although I don't think there's enough time me to get anything done on it at this point.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 3:39 PM

A great idea for juxtaposition. Take a picture of me shaking Bernard Landry's hand (Quebec Permiere who once gave 14 million dollars to fund a flipping CLOWN COLLEGE, not a joke. That money could've produced thousands of hhospital beds, increased educational funding, could've been putt owards the arts, ANYTHING, but he gave it to a CLOWN COLLEGE that has an average of NINE GRADUATES EACH YEAR!!!).

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 4:03 PM

Gun, I love your chicken (in) egg image, I think it's very funny! Re: Clowns... Hey! Why didn't I see some of that money? lol! Slynks, don't underestemate the positive power of laughter... Besides, what else do you expect from politicians, they're the biggest bunch of clowns I have ever seen, but they usually use their Clown-Powers for evil, not good... :-)>

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 1:23 AM

file_603.jpg

I think gun's egg and the chicken is right on target. Post work could be a big help in meeting this objective. In a different light, I think this earlier shot of mine would qualify as juxtaposition too, wouldn't it?

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2002 at 2:49 AM

Wow,this is great fun. That sudden laughter, isn't it what a juxtaposi..... should elict?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.