Sat, Sep 21, 6:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Last Look at our One & Only Big Snow

PhrankPower ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 10:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:32 AM

file_1365.jpg

It's gonna freeze here tonight! No wonder all we've had here this spring are the daffodils! Anyway, the cold weather reminded me I hadn't finished my pictures from our one and only big snow. I realize that some of you must be sick of it by this time of year, but here it's a BIG DEAL! These 4 were from that snow, mid February. They were taken in our back yard, just a few steps from the door. This one is the stairs leading down to the deck. I find stairs can often be a good subject.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 10:27 PM

file_1366.jpg

A branch with snow (rare sight 'round here).

PhrankPower ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 10:30 PM

file_1367.jpg

Tree branches with snow. I liked the DOF in this one. All were shot very early in the morning, 1/60 with the f-stop almost wide open. 200 speed film.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 10:34 PM

file_1368.jpg

Another shot looking down at the deck. We were lucky enough to have a bit of a bluff on our property, so that's where the deck went. In the summer, all the leaves would almost obscure the view, even this close. Happy Spring!

gsalas ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 11:39 PM

Dood, You have the coolest deck. I want one... -Gabe-

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 12:01 AM

I like the composition of 1, the branches with snow are great, the second one becomes quite abstract & I like that. Nice shots ; )

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Maygen ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 2:15 AM

I like the first and second best. Its been said but nice composition on these and yes I love your deck too!!

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 3:38 AM

These are all really neat, especially since you can just sort of polk the lens out the door while you stay warm inside by the fire. #2 is my favorite. Good composition, and it is really difficult showing off the fluffy stuff.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:37 AM

I'm very envious of that deck....beautiful snowy scenery!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.