Sat, Sep 21, 8:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: making desert scene

Rani ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 2:42 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:49 AM

i got bryce 5 trial version and i want to make a desert scene. can anyone help me?

haloedrain ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 7:47 PM

what kind of desert?

sdnoble ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 1:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=150461&Start=1&Artist=sdnoble&ByArtist=Yes

I got a fairly good desert effect by "carving" a gully out of the infinate plane using a negative terain, then using just a thin layer of haze the same colour as the ground and a good chunk of near cloudless sky. That gave a grood "endless desolate sand" kinda feel. All the terains textured in world space with the same texture (kinda goes without saying eh?). A little ambience on the ground helps the "its too bright" feel of the desert. Didn't manage to get the heat haze though. Check out the image on the link attached. There's another desertish image in my gallery but it cheagts but using twilight and cliffs across the horizon.

Rani ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 11:07 AM

what do u mean by "negative terrain"? can u plz explain how to make/use one?

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 11:28 AM

I think a negative terrain is a terrain-mesh with the model set to negative in the object-attributes (the model is neutral/normal at default setting). But when using terrains for boolean actions be sure to set it to 'solid' or 'volume' (or however it's called) in the terrain editor.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rani ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 6:55 AM

can anyone plz be more spesific? sdnoble maybe?

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 12:47 PM

You create 2 terrains (1 to cut out of the other) got to there attributes (click the liitle a) and set 1 to positive and the other that you want to use as the "cutter" as negative then group the 2 togther after postioning. The negative terrain will cut into the positive terrain. Is that any clearer?

Rani ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 4:33 PM

yep, much clearer. thank u very much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.