Fri, Sep 20, 6:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: More OBJ follies

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:27 AM

file_1808.jpg

Just another battle in the long war of Poser vs. the OBJ format. I made a book-pages shape in Anim8or, saved as OBJ in Anim8or's default mode, then put it through UVmapper to get a texture. Painted some "text-looking" stuff on the texture, then put it together in Poser. The main camera and auxiliary camera disagree on where the OBJ really is! Only the camera angle differs between the two renders; no other parameters were changed.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:03 PM

thats wierder than wierd

markdotcom ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:28 PM

It looks like you've got a different lens (specifically, a shorter lens) setting on the Aux camera, but that shouldn't the position of the OBJ like that. Very odd indeed...

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:51 PM

Weird things tonight?

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 1:21 AM

Try moving the main camera to an angle halfway between the two... or checking the side and front cameras. Youll find that the obj for the book only -seems- to be lined up in the Main view, because it happens to be right down the center of the viewport.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 1:47 AM

file_1809.jpg

Valandar, you're exactly right! I accidentally created a trick shot, like the photographer who makes it look like his dog is as big as a house! This picture from the side shows what happened. (I'm so accustomed to blaming the OBJ for odd problems that I didn't think of other possibilities! There's a moral in here somewhere.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.