Thu, Sep 19, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Coming soon, Anything Grows

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 7:49 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:42 PM

Hi folks,
Working on a new toy and thought you might be interested to see first
render. Presenting Anything Grows, fur/hair for Carrara:

anythinggrows.jpg

There is still a long way to go, but it's coming.

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Freeware and commercial 3D extensions
http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

litst ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 7:54 PM

WOOOOOOOW !!! :] How does it work ? Could you tell us what options we'll have ? Good luck Eric, please keep us updated ! litst PS : if you want a tester, i'm here ----> litst@chez.com

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:29 PM

I just knew in my heart that DCG was going to be the one to pull of hair! DAMN!!!!!! Now I have to decide if I want AG or keep saving for AG- anyone else noticing an initial trend here from DCG? Oh well, my mother said I can buy anything I want when I grow up.. my wife just said my mother hadn't cleared that previous remark with her. But I can spend any money I make with my hobby, on more stuff for my hobby! Hey, if a hobby starts making money, doesn't it then become a job? Oh well, back to...

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:35 PM

Eric, on the technical side, is it an exportable geometry (thinking of poser figure), and is it animatable (blowing in the wind stuff) and lastly, will it work with the ohysics plugin from version 1.0? Thanks!

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:37 PM

...physics plug in. One should never drink and type (with the same hand)

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:52 PM

ppowella,

I'll answer what I can now, it's still early in the development cycle so things may change.

You can export the geometry, so yes you could import a poser figure, apply hair, and export the hair to be used elsewhere.

As for physics, I probably won't do any integration with the physics engine until eovia either licenses the original engine or provides another.

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Freeware and commercial 3D extensions
http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 9:37 PM

Dear Eric. You are my hero, I want to be your friend for ever! Thank you for doing all this good work! This looks absolutely amazing! I'm proud to even know of you and I'm going to tell ALL my friends at work everything all about you! The world just became a little bit better. Do you hear harp music? -Kix

-Kix

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:51 AM

Hi Eric, Any plans for "tip objects" like the AFX plug-in for RDS? Masa's Dropletmaker also does something similar but is PC only. :( Thanks! Mark

ewinemiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:56 AM

Mark, Yes. Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 10:46 AM

Weeeeeee haw! Very very cool, Eric. Any idea when this'll be available? - Dex

ewinemiller ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:32 AM

Dex, I don't want to promise any dates yet, but it's going much faster than I had originally anticipated. Most likely some time between 6 and 12 weeks. Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild

elgeneralisimo ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:41 AM

elgeneralisimo is downright giddy...

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:55 AM

and the hits just keep comin'!

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 6:33 AM

Yes! I've been waiting impatiently for a Carrara hair plug-in! Why should RDS users have something Carrara users don't? BAH! I can't wait to see the finished product. You have a lot of guaranteed sales on this one, Eric!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.