Fri, Sep 20, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue or Bryce

eric501 ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 4:44 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:00 PM

hey guys, I've been thinking about buying Vue. Right now I have Bryce 5.0 and was wondering if you guys felt the Vue was better.

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 5:31 PM

I have Bryce at work. I bought Vue with my own money for at home. Speaks volumns, dosen't it? :) jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 5:52 PM

Really I would say try the demo for yourself and then decide. I tried both demos and ended up buying Vue without question. Your experience may be different as you may be looking for different things in a program. Best way would be to try it out. :)

Buffer ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:15 PM

Well I went through the same thing here recently. A friend of mine had an ancient copy of Bryce, version 3 I think that I played with a bit. After about 2 hours of trying to figure out where everything was I gave up. Downloaded the vue demo and ordered it the next day. I just can't help feeling that Vue is much much more user friendly, and personally I think the interface is light years beyond what even bryce 5 has. Really for the price, you just can't beat it. It imports poser figures, .3ds, .lwo etc. You just can't go wrong NOTE: This opinion is biased as the writer just spent what he and his wife considers quite a bit of money on a program. Your mileage may vary.

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 7:18 PM

Hiya, Eric, Ditto what the others have said so far. Predictably, this subject has come up many times, so I invite you to check out all the known archived threads where this has been discussed in this forum. This Link will take you to a big list of Bryce vs. Vue comparisons. :) Cheers, Mike

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 7:41 PM

Well, I have been an avid Bryce user since the real early days. First used Bryce 1 on a Mac, then later went to version 2 for the PC, and on and on. When it came time for me to upgrade to version 5, I caught a glimpse of Vue. I haven't even opened Bryce since I got Vue. Which is a shame, because Bryce really is good, and even better than Vue in a few small ways. But over all, Vue just feels right to me. But as everyone has said, try the demos. Just because something feels right to me doesn't mean that it will feel right to you.

roadtoad ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 7:26 AM

Since you have B5, why not get V4 and extend your capabilities? ..Because I usually begin with a new mesh I've just made and build a scene around it, I start with both programs simultaneously until I can see which has the right 'look' for that given subject. Despite needing more convenience in some operations, I much prefer Vue to Bryce - but with proficiency in both your scope for effective results is so much wider.

eric501 ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 8:34 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION GUYS, REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I'VE TRIED THE DEMO AND LIKED IT, JUST WANTED A FEW BIASED OPINIONS BEFORE PULLING OUT THE PLASTIC. THANKS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.