Sun, Oct 6, 6:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: ATTENTION web masters of this site! Please read!

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2000 at 11:38 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:31 PM

I know this would be daunting...but how about an FAQ written by some of the more experienced users. i.e. what is the cosmo hair, where can I find Koyko Hair, when is the patch out? Just a suggestion but this might help to clear out some past older strings as this is getting to be a hefty forum. Keep up the good work all ;)

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 12:31 AM

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY reads FAQs before asking questions. We'd do better just to be patient, as everyone has been. As far as Hefty Forums go, I'm sure Jack and the Gang will clean it all up before it gets silly. If this place turned into a "REad the Gdd*mned FAQ!!!" type place, I would be sad. But I do respect the thought that went into the idea. If only the world were ideal...sigh -Darth "Might just change his name to Jedi" Logice

SewerRat ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 1:21 AM

I don't know, it's a valid idea e.g. I came across that problem with the black marks on a model after using UVmapper. now I KNOW it's been mentioned before, but it'll take a fair bit of digging to find it, or waiting for someone to tell me again so I'd welcome a faq which would give me easy access. what might be an idea is have the forum admins able to add a thread to the faq, and title it "answer to this question" so the faq page would just be a collection of indexed links to different threads but one big faq page could be useful, like a huge knowledge database without having to dig through the forum SewerRat

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 1:34 AM

Well thats not entirely what I meant and sewer Rat has a good idea. Maybe like a top ten, along those lines (I enjoy stimulating web forum discussions not unlike this one). I do tech support online and it gets boring with same old questions and we use an FAQ for a more comprehensive answer to a reoccurring question (with links either to refer to a tutorial or too another resources). I read this forum long before I ever posted here, but do you know how much fun (and time consuming) it is to wade through over 3000 messages. Not to mention when you do post and get an answer and they say oh I remember that question a few posts back...you should read that one it had a great answer (wade, wade, bandwidth, wade). Isnt that the same thing as check the FAQ? At least with an FAQ I dont have to dig and if I dont find the answer then I check the boards then I post. The poser FAQ (that is linked here) is not the same thing as there is no mention of current trends. Possibly a dated index of issues or categories like poses, hair importing etc. (and dont say search engine) would work. Remember this is only a suggestion.

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 2:41 AM

The best idea might be a really good search feature - I tried the search field a couple of times, and never got a useful result, to be honest. Is there a chance to get the posts indexed? If you are allowed to look for "Koyko Hair" in the content of posts, you got it!

fur ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 7:59 AM

When did you last try searching the forums? I just expanded the forums search last week to better pick out stuff.

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:22 AM

Shame on me... months ago... I just remember that it was so frustrating that I never bothered to give it another try...

fur ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:25 AM

There were changes to the global site search, and if you look right below, there is a new special forum search for searching just within the current forum. It searches all messages, even replies.

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:28 AM

OK, I did it now and it works PERFECT !!! :-) I think this a very good solution for the intial problem - just type in a good keyword and get all related posts in seconds. Just one additional question: Is it possible to extend the search to all forums? A Poser related question might as well be answered somewhere in "Technical", and currently you have to hop to every single forum and type in the same keyword again and again.

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:30 AM

That was cute, you answered while I still typed in my question... :-) :-) :-) OK, request again: Could you bring back global search as an option?

fur ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:31 AM

give 'em an inch and they'll want a mile! :-) i'll add it to the list...

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:32 AM

Your're great! :-)

fur ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:32 AM

its still there, use the search on the right hand nav bar

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 10:41 AM

Yes, Ha! Hurray! Well,... Hmm,... you will probably want to kill me for the this next one, but... ...the global search seems to search the first post only, and no replies, and I just thought... OK, OK, OK, enough is enough, you're right! I'm perfectly happy with my mile, no need to have it much larger... All the best to you, MartinC

Kevin ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2000 at 8:43 PM

I have considered exanding the current one, but just don't get around to it. The trans mapped hair is one that I intend to add real soon now, as soon as I pass the ACRC exam. I try to rework it from time to time, but not as much as I used to, when I had time to do more poser work. One trick is what is wanted? I only get about one message a month from the FAQ, so I don't feel an overwhelming urge to fix it up to stop this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.