Fri, Sep 20, 3:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tips for improvement

nivek_ ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 4:38 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:21 PM

file_1756.jpg

Thanks for the help with my pic in my previous post. I was hopeing that you could look at my updated pic and make some suggestions to improve it.

Thanks,
Kevin

deuxabu ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 8:59 PM

I think your work is vey nice, the only thing I would do to improve it is to add some "dirt or scratch" to the surfaces, because everything is so smooth and clean, it looks like computer generated, to make it more realistic add some scratches in the bump channel,or maybe some dents, this way it will look more close to a real table. see you, Marcelo

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:03 AM

Nice changes, Kevin. I think the tiles work much better. I'd agree with Marcelo when he says it'd be good to dirty up the surfaces. Just add some imperfections like you see in the real world. That said, it's a great image, and I think you can be proud of it. - Dex

deuxabu ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 10:55 AM

file_1757.jpg

Hi Kevin ! Here is how you create a dirty map: 1- First get a white piece of paper and throw some black ink on it, yes, make a big mess! or get this white piece of paper put it against a rough wall and rub a black crayon on it. 2- Now scan this paper and you got a wonderful dirty map, like I did in the picture above. 3- When applying the texture on the color channel use the mixer option, source 1 will be the color of the dirty you want (dirty is not always black, it can be white if it's pigeon drops)on source two you use the beautiful texture map or color that you want on the surface, and on the blender channel you put the dirty map you just created. 4- Then you adjust the tile option to make the dirty proportional to the object you are applying it. 5- And to finished copy the dirty map to the bump channel, (Hold ctrl down and drag the map from blender to bump channel)this way the dirty looks like its caked on the object. 6- Congratulations! you got a disgusting dirty surface! I hope I could help you, if you have any questions, please fell free to contact me. Good Luck ! Marcelo

twillis ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 11:00 AM

Great trick, Marcelo. Very clever. Might make a good quickie tutorial for future incarnations of the Carrara CD.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.