Fri, Sep 20, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Forest floor

Rimkopf ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 8:18 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:26 AM

file_2820.JPG

Hi all! This is the first time I post anything, have been a "peeping Tom before". Im quite new in GC, bought Vue for about two month ago. I hope you will excuse my primitive english, swedish is my native language. And now over to the subject: When you are walking in a forest you can feel the ground/floor vegetation stroke against your feets and ankles. I have tried to simulate this with three identical (in shape) terrain models -one with ground texture, one with leaf texture and the third with flower texture. I have raised the last two little above the ground textured terrain. Can this lead to something or am I complete lost in space? With some real veg added too it would look better but I just wanted to test a "naked" picture first. No more peeping. I will be a better and a more active forum member, I promise :) Martin

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 9:23 AM

This is a wild looking pic, good job. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. Sharen

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 12:24 PM

You're definitely on to something here, Martin, and welcome to the forum! The ground vegetation looks very natural around the wolf's legs! :)

YL ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 12:25 PM

Ouaoouuu ! Very realistic ! Probably more realistic when you will place brown/dead vegetation on the floor. Good job, Martin ! Yves

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 12:36 PM

Martin this looks great:-)! Love your greens. And about your "primitive english" : Many (lucky, not all!!!)of us speaks primitive english (me:-)), but we always are very welcomed and our natif english or american speaking friends takes it very kindly:-) and tries even to understand our- what we will call in french "charabia"- language. :-) :-) :-) Guitta

Jilly ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 12:44 PM

Really neat effect Martin, well done. I wish I'd thought of it!

audity ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 1:41 PM

yeah, well done Martin ! I will try this... Eric

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 2:10 PM

I've never seen anyone demonstrate that technique before. I think it is quite clever and will be very useful. Thanks for sharing it! And you English is MUCH better than my Swedish! jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 4:20 PM

Wonderful, and your English is fine! I always thank people from other countries who have made the effort to learn English! I only know one language... and you have learned mine, so now we (all of us here) can communicate! This is a big Thanks! :) I really like your picture, and your new way to place some plants on the 'forest floor'! What a good idea!! Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Rimkopf ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 5:15 PM

Thanks a lot for all great response! Im blushing.. And now, back to the testing facilities. Martin

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 6:28 PM

heyas; great job! what materials are you using? did you make special transparent materials for it?

Rimkopf ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 5:32 AM

First I used selfmade pictures but I wanted two kind of vegs and my time was running out (my wife wanted the computer). So I used readymade pictures by VARIAN.v_fernbush1.jpg & altree4_tBlossom2 with correspondig trans. Now Im working on a new with only brown roots over forestfloor and "real" veg. Im apologize Varian that I forgot to mention you.

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 1:30 PM

Not a problem; I'm glad you're finding such a cool use for 'em. And I had to LOL at the wife wanting the 'puter! ;)

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 2:17 AM

that is a good idea. I've been working on the Fir tree effect mentioned in the manual (similar idea) but this actually has more value since most of my scenes are close up. as for your english, I speak it natively and your grammar is probably better than mine ;) eric

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.