Sat, Sep 21, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: ECHO echo echo...

adam ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 7:42 PM

ooh, more interesting facts

Hopalong ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2000 at 9:14 PM

No problem, TrimegistoI've never read much of the Hermetica. Philostratus on Apollonius of Tyana was always more my speed. As for moderns, Arthur Darby Nock and E. R. Dodds. Thanks for the link.

trimegisto ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 7:24 AM

I'll tell what, let's forget about Corpus Hermeticum and all that stuff. This a Photoshop Forum and my alias was not supposed to be the main theme for this thread. Thank you all for your feedback but let's get back to the point. Adam asked how to do galaxies in Photoshop. There are probably many ways but have you tried Universe? http://www.diardsoftware.com/

adam ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 11:21 AM

Type an image source html tag: {img src=the url of the pic}. Instead of brackets, use greater than and less than signs. I couldn't use them because it would think it is an image. Hey Dr Evil, how did you change your user name? Did you make a whole new profile?

adam ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 11:24 AM

Thanx for the link Trimegisto. I was looking for a different site, but this one is better. Thanx

Hopalong ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 11:41 AM

In regard to plugins and filters: is there an echo filter or plugin? What I am thinking of is one that will ripple around a mask or pretermined shape. I know this can be done with layers, masking, and so on, but how about a ripple where you can control the intitial central shape, and the frequency and intensity of the waves? If so what is it called? If not, might it be constructed? Thanks Adam , for starting this discussion, I've learned an enormous amount in the past few days.

adam ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 12:07 PM

No problem Hopalong. The filter goes will with the thread title. Sorry, I don't know of one, but I will tell you when I do.

trimegisto ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 1:02 PM

Hopalong: Have you tried the ocean ripple and the ripple filters include in photoshop 5.5? Maybe if you make several selections of different shapes on several layers and apply one of these filters you'll get the effect you want. That's the best thing I can think of. I've never heard of a pluging to do that...

Hopalong ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 3:53 PM

Thanks, Adam and Trimegisto.

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 7:43 AM

hi friends, its me again :o) hope your weekend was fine! i got KPT6 and eyecandy at the weekend..wow.great stuff! thanx for the links you all posted. i will have a look at them later this week.

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 6:39 PM

Hopalong: There USED TO BE a "filter" for Bryce that would make ripples around terrain (for islands). You could could check your documentation for Bryce (if you have it) or go to MC's web site and see if it's there. It was in Bryce 2 and was (if I remember correctly) shareware. There's also a ripple morph on page 3 of the funstuff pages. Not a filter, but is designed to be used with Poser figures so it might be what you're looking for. 'Hope this helps out... - Jim

Hopalong ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 10:25 PM

Thanks a lot, Jim! Exactly what I am looking for.

adam ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 10:44 PM

Delrino, enjoy Eye Candy. I don't know much about KPT6 because I don't have it, but enjoy that too

trimegisto ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 3:48 AM

Hey hopalong: Are you trying to create the ripples for use in Bryce? Here's my technique: 1-In photoshop draw the several circular pattern of the ripple using gradients or lighter/darker grey. 2-Use a little gaussian blur. 3-Then use this image for a new terrain in Bryce and apply it a glass texture. 4-place it just above your water surface and play with it. I got good results. Hope you do too.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 7:24 AM

Hey Adam, Eyecandy is really great like KPT. Yesterday i got some smaller plug-ins from the net and the pretty good, too.for example a "page-curl". thats what i've looked for weeks ago.

Hopalong ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 12:48 PM

Thanks Trimegisto. That's what I have been doing up to this point, and often use different refraction materials after I am in Bryce as well. Found a more sophisticated way at Planet 3D with height fields and plug-ins but haven't tried it yet. Still it would be nice to have simple filter or plug-in where you can control the inner shape.

adam ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2000 at 1:31 AM

Man this party really died =( I read most of the messages above and it brought back many enjoyable memories...ahhhh memories Well, we don't want to leave a 70-message thread left without a proper closure, so here it is: Thanx EVERYBODY for keeping this thread alive, sharing interesting information (esp. about filters), talking about Eye Candy (enjoy the filters Delrino), sharing our thoughts about "Thrice Great" or "Three Times Great", whatever (thanx for enlightening us with the interesting facts Hopalong), sharing our tips (the tip a day sounded nice, jnmoore, but didn't last past a day =( ), having great laughs about random things, and over all...making new friends. Thanx again everyone and enjoy your 3D programs (if you have any) as well as the best program ever made...ADOBE PHOTOSHOP!! --------"The Echo" has now come to a close--------- For the last time -Adam

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2000 at 1:35 AM

Just agreeing to Adam. Have fun and loads of great renders! -Karsten

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.