Sat, Sep 21, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Let do something as a community folks... :)

rudipooimf ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 12:37 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

Well i've been kicking this idea around for a while and here goes. I've gotten good response on most of my pinup artwork over the years and i've decided to make a "magazine" aka pdf with it's own design and showcasing work of the amazing artists of renderosity. We get a bad rap sometimes from the 3d community and the 2d because we sit in between...so i figured i'd make something really nice that we can show off a little. What i'm asking from the community is some assistance. Anyone interested in contributing a original image to the mag let me know. Of course it will be a freedownload from somewhere either my site or someone else, doesn't matter to me. Just a project i want to do. We also need a name for it! :) Anyone interested let me know.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 1:01 AM

you mean the jpegs for download?

Barbarellany ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 1:01 AM

you mean the jpegs for download?

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 4:51 AM

Great Idea... but won't a PDF be massive if it has pictures in?

movida ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 6:47 AM

What is the time frame?

kayjay97 ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 7:12 AM

Sure, Sounds like a really great idea. You said pin up... What type of pin up. LOL, I know, maybe a dumb question but a lot of people have different ideas of what a pin up is! Count me in!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 8:10 AM

Barbarellany, I think it's the PDF file that is free download, not the jpeg's. Sounds like a great idea, but I agree that a PDF would be pretty large with images in it. I've created a PDF file for a book cover (that's what the publisher wanted) and it ended up around 35 megs! Melanie

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 10:17 AM

Acrobat gives you a choice of compression levels. Just like a web page, if the images themselves are not compressed or optimized for the web, it's going to take a long time to load. For a web-based publication like you're talking about there's no reason the images should be above 72dpi unless you want people to be able to print the stuff. I just did a banner for a company (a real banner, not a web ad) that was to be printed out at 200dpi 12"x76" and it only took up 2.5mb, zipped; call me the KompressionMeister.

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 10:44 AM

To recap: the print-to-PDF drivers for Mac/Win are deliberately slow and bloated to make you buy the full version of Acrobat, which sports a license for the LZW compression algorithm used in GIF and compressed TIFF. The exception is the PDF export PageMaker uses, which is optimized. Remember to check your export options: some PDF generators save space by downsampling embedded JPEGs. As someone who routinely archives the Freestuff pages here as an index to my downloads, I know whereof I speak...

rudipooimf ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 6:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

Hey folks, to answer a few questions. I Picked PDF due to it's print capablities. It usually comes out pretty right on on any machine in case someone wants to plaster one of our pinups up in their garage. As far as what type of pinup thats entirely up to the artists. Any are acceptable. No censorship but we might want to keep it in the same vain as playboy etc. Anyone interested send me mail at webmaster@dynagrind.com. :)

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 7:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=geoegress

Good idea here's my gallery's address- there might be a few you may want. You can use any you want, but, theres allways is one, lol. I forgot to put my name on a couple, so if you want them let me know and I'll update them for ya. :) Good luck...

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 7:48 PM

Hi, Ron, It could have been the resolution of my graphics, because they insisted on 600 dpi images in order to get a clear print. Maybe lower resolution wouldn't be such a huge file. It's just what mine turned out to be. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 7:56 AM

This wasn't a web thing. I was publishing a novel and the pritners wanted the cover file on PDF format for printing. When I packaged up the cover design (front, back, and spine all on one huge page) it had to be 600 dpt for the print to be professional quality. It was a TIF file, if I remember right, which is also a large file. The thing was HUGE. I had to ship it to them on a CD because my internet provider wouldn't allow that large a file to be transmitted via e-mail. This is actually a print book, not a web file (you can read about it on my website if you're interested). I don't know why it's so large, either. In fact, it confused me, too. But that's what it turned out to be. WHen I tried to submit a lower res file, the printer rejected it because they couldn't get a sharp copy from it. shrug Maybe it's because I'm using an older version of Acrobat. I don't know for sure. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 7:32 PM

Thanks, Ron. :) Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.