Fri, Sep 20, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Eggs

YL ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 1:15 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:49 AM

file_3068.jpg

Simply eggs. I am not so satisfied with this pic : - blue color is somewhat "cold" - mesh refinement is not sufficiant to produce smooth reflection/refraction in the glass. Now I have not enough time to improve the picture, cause I wan't to run for the IRTC contest and VUE challenge. For the latter I have an interesting idea. Anyway comments are welcomed for the eggs ! Yves

Jilly ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 2:25 AM

Looking good, and at this time of day....I'll just get the frying pan.......

senjin ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 2:43 AM

Well I think that it is a good use of colors and the Eggs look right in the bowl. I just took a bowl out of the coubered and it looks right. You have done so good with this don't be so hard on your self.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 4:24 AM

Wow, I think it is great, what more would you like, what a great pic...Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 6:08 AM

I think it looks real good too, though I think the tile could stand to have some more highlight and a little reflection. Maybe a warmer colored light would have done away with the "cold" appearance?

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 6:59 AM

excellent picture. I love the way the eggs look so real.

Charles

bluevenus ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 9:18 AM

I think the tiles are really beautiful.. did you make them yourself?

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 9:41 AM

Morning Yves . . . 8^) I think this is a great image! Very realistic looking eggs, all that's needed is some ham, hash browns & orange juice. I really like the pattern in the tiles, & maybe like MikeJ says having a little more tile gloss & reflection would be nice. As far as the bowl goes, I think that you've captured the reflection / refraction of the glass perfectly, very realistic. Well, now that I've seen your image, it reminded me that I had better get into the kitchen & make myself some breakfast. You have a good one . . . Mark. . . . ;^)

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 12:13 PM

Looked ready for breakfast to me!!! Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Crossfire ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 12:45 PM

Hmm. I see what you're saying. How about a splash of morning sunlight? I'm thinking about the kind of sunlight that makes cats stop dead in their tracks and pass out on the floor with that tremendously contented look on their faces. Some warmer light might help. I've often seen that kind of blue tile look mixed in with yellow sunflowers in a "country" decor type of look. The suggestion of orange juice is good... or break it up with some kind of sunflower-esque thing like a dishtowel with a yellow pattern on it. The eggs look fantastic. I love the slight imperfections in the shell color that really makes them look like you could pick them up and crack them open. Are they hard boiled? Maybe they're still steaming! Just a few thoughts

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 1:48 PM

Looking good, Yves! As the others have indicated, the picture is making me hungry! The tiles look good, and the refraction of the glass also looks good. The tiles are ideal for showing off the bowl. If you don't care for the blue, I'd suggest an orange-yellow - just a personal preference of my own. Whenever I do kitchen thing, I make something sunshine-yellow around them. It just seems like a perfect "kitchen color" for me. Also check the fade-out color of glass material for the bowl (on the Transparency tab). If the fade-out colors are set to blues, change them to black (dark) and white (light). That alone may change the entire impression of the bowl and then you might like the blue tiles okay. :)

YL ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 2:58 AM

Hello to all ! and thanks for your comments; Humm ! OK a slice of bread with butter, halm, and it will be a good lunch. But this is a very hard challenge ! I forget to mention that eggs material is default Vue eggs (but I reduced the size of texture. Also I have added some bumps to the eggs). For the tiles, they come from Lemog's site as often in my pictures (Wood, tissues, rocks,...). I agree with some more reflections on the tiles, changing their color (for kitchen, blue is not conventional, maybe yellow-brown-orange). I agree also with more light. Concerning the glass, I am not at all satisfied with it since more antialisaing is required. For that I will try to do the image in ultra mode. Maybe as Varian suggested, I will change the fade out colors of glass. Many thank's for all your helpfull comments; they change my mind about improvements of the scene I will perform as soon as possible ! And most of all, take your lunch as soon as possible before I submit my pic for the april challenge. LOL :) Yves

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.