Sat, Sep 21, 9:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: One of the Best B&W Photos I've Seen in a Long Time.

ASalina ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 12:33 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=666679

I occasionally lurk over on photo.net, and in general search the web for examples of good photos to study from. There are tons of technically very good photos out there, but it's less usual to find a photo that really wows me, like Duroksal's latest sand dollar scans do.

There's something about this photo (see the link above), the
range of tones and the DOF, that makes it very haunting for
me. Very striking. This is what I would call a genuinely
beautiful photograph.

doruksal ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 2:17 PM

Man, I'm thankful... ...You're spoiling me, and I'm blushing..! :)) As for the 'photo.net'... When Michelle, in the "Anyone see Syyd lately?" thread opened by Slynky, said that Scenterotic has left Render for Photo.Net, I surfed there and was a little astonished to find such a loaded website for contributing photographers... ...I was aware of only Render, digitalart.org, and MOCA as such websites that are open for contributers. So, I spent a lot of time there, and was able to see some terrific photography, and thought that their photographers must be very experienced professionals. I'll be trying to explore that website as thorughly as possible, but I want to learn something: if there is any contributers to that site among us (possibly Michelle for one)... I'd like to find and view through their and also Scenterotic's gallery there...

doruksal ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 2:28 PM

As for the photo that the link above takes us to...

I also liked the photo for the tonal richness, DOF, composition, and some possible meanings that may be derived...

It also reminded me the old documentary photograps about the early railroad construction sites heading towards the U.S. west...

Thanx... :)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=438999

Here's the link for Scenterotic's gallery there....just please promise you won't leave like he did. I think there are many professionals and just as many amateurs there. Amazing stuff there and I've seen that pic that you linked too, it's great! And that guy has lots of other amazing work in his gallery. He's actually on my favorites list there. I wish Renderosity had a favorites list like that...this way you could keep track of your favorite artists.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 4:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=423944

And for doruksal because you asked....here is the link to my gallery there. I could give you Rorks, but I don't want to do that without his permission.

--- michelleamarante.com

Rork1973 ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 4:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=533530

Call me a pain in the behind, but I think that photo is fishy. Something aint right with the DOF. Also, photo.net is probably one of the worst places (with the exception of Greenspun's aged guides) to learn about photography - so many people are completely full off sh*t (pardon moi!) I just hate it when people repost their work, just cause it's got bad ratings....the place is so busy and nobody's looking after it. Shame.... Anyway, there are only a few really exceptional photographers there, who's words I'd always take for granted....and Michele's one of them =) Well, stuff like this forum & sites like nationalgeographic are (to me) much more valuable :) PS Scene's got a lovely gallery - worth checking out! Shame he didn't gave me the editing credit for the link above :P I just HATE IT that this thing is GETTING BETTER RATINGS THAN MY OWN WORK, lol!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 5:18 PM

I'm with you Rork......there are many negatives about the place as well. And like you I think unless you're a complete novice to photography the guides are pretty worthless, I haven't found one usefull think in them. Like the digital photography section....I think it needs a serious update. BTW....I take none of it seriously there, if you take the ratings and some of the comments to heart you'd throw your camera away and never take another pic....unless like you said it's someone who's work you respect and enjoy.

--- michelleamarante.com

Rork1973 ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 7:19 PM

Yeah, you're very right......the funny thing is, it still stays fun to just browse through other people's shots....somehow always something special turns up :) It would be a great site if they had forums like this & if they had their stuff better organized & updated =)

t3 ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:08 PM

michelle, that favorites list would be a great add to rosity... i personally opened a 'best of renderosity' section in my IE favs, where i'm able to have a look from time to time & so don't miss that much. (but it got quite a long list lately :)) - maybe put that on the 'community ideas' forum, hm?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.