Fri, Sep 20, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Another question about RAM, render time and Bryce !

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 7:21 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:47 AM
Online Now!

Hi everybody, Each new scene I'm making is more complex and asks more and more time rendering. A question hits me: I upload, buy and make many material presets: does the size of the differents presets librairies (skies, materials, objects) have an influence on the RAM used by Bryce? (I'm using Bryce 4-1,4 Ghz-256 meg of RAM). Or: will I have a best rendering time if I unload all the presets librairies before rendering a big scene? Thanks

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 4:25 PM

Ram has little to do with rendering times, it's my understanding that rendering is pcu power, the more powerful your pcu the faster Bryce renders. More ram will help with working in and creating bigger or more complex scene file

Stephen Ray

dg3d ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 4:27 PM

What you need is more CPU Power to render scene faster. Stephen is right about RAM, only good for doing bigger scene. I have 512 MB of RAM and when i had 256 MB of ram and doing render now, there is no difference. The only change to make the render faster was to have a Dual Processor System.

Art_4 ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 6:49 PM

The reason why it takes long to render some scenes, it's because of the materials your are using, if they are very complex, they take longer, but simple materials, render's faster.:-) Art

Smaker1 ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2002 at 1:54 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for your answers. My imagination is going faster than my CPU power :-( !!

Insomnium ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2002 at 3:20 AM

AMD has very reasonably priced processors. Try looking for the XP+ -series.

dkirk ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 3:21 PM

Had an Athlon 1800XP with 512mb of DDR 2700 RAM and a GeForce4 TI 4600 built at CompUSA last week. Oh My! Takes me about half the time to render as it took on my Dell 8000 Inspiron laptop with a P3 800 with 512mb SDRAM and a GeForce2M. CompUSA has very reasonable prices (I think) and a nice warranty on their custom built systems. The one above ran me about 1700 bucks with WinXP Professional (very nice OS so far). The case is the same as what Alienware uses. Scotty, I need more power!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.