Sat, Sep 21, 8:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: need help

Rani ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 1:52 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:52 AM

file_3623.jpg

i want to put this mountain

Rani ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 1:56 PM

file_3624.jpg

in this desert

Rani ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 2:02 PM

file_3625.jpg

but when i put them together i get this ugply result! how can i make the mountain blend neturaley to the ground?

tmac87 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 4:05 PM

file_3626.jpg

Use this Crop tool

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2002 at 5:21 PM

Go to the pictures tab in the terrain editor, have your mountain loaded in one frame and your desert in the other and select blend. (I'm at work without Bryce, or I'd show a screen shot).

humorix ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 2:17 AM

Hi! You have two sets of problems here! One is the texture, second is the placement of the mountain. The texture on the ground seem to be the same as the one on the mountain (i.e. in the same setting!). This spoils the illusion of depth. If you were to tile the texture less and increase the bump map in the ground terrain the terxture would start differing. Secondly in crease the size of the mountain and take it further back and away from the camera! Also in the atmosphere setting in crease the haze by about 2-3 points. Lower the camera a bit so that its nearer to the ground level and tilt it up. That should give you a more realistic image. My bryce is busy rendering right now. I'll try and post an image later about what I mean! Hope this is clear to you. Do let me know in case you require any further clarifications.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.