Fri, Sep 20, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Plugin

lcalbaugh ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 6:05 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Im looking for a plugin, that causes a small gif thats enlarged to a 5" x 7" does not lose its clarity and quality, and is not all pixely. If anyone can help me find out what this plugin is I sure would appreciate it. Thanx

OrchidDave ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 6:30 PM

The closest thing to that is GenuineFractals but I doubt it or anything will do it with a gif. Dave

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:32 PM

genuine fractals is good, prolly one of the best, but I doubt you can enlarge a Gif to that size with any program without it becoming pixelated dude, sorry.

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:49 PM

Often it helps to enlarge in several steps, or first enlarge than shrink, than enlarge again, but I don't think any of the programs Genuine Fractals and Shortcut Spline would handle gifs, You have to convert it first.

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:55 PM

even then gunsy, a small gif to a printable (150ppi or so) 5x7 image, wouldnt that be a stretch even for genuine fractals in steps? Maybe if you work with genuine fractals, and then the unsharp mask plug?

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 11:01 PM

No it sounds quite impossible, if you don't want a nice patchwork- picture.

nplus ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 2:44 PM

it is impossible to enlarge a raster image (gif, jpg, etc.) without loosing quality. if it were a vector image (eps, ai, freehand?) then it is possible to scale it without the loss in quality. raster is pixel based and used to display photographic images etc. vector is all mathematical and used for line art and such. you could try to run your image through a raster to vector conversion program like Adobe streamline or Corel trace, but then you would still loose certain aspects of detail.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.