Sat, Sep 21, 6:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Alpha....does this work as leading lines?

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:37 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:02 PM

file_3843.jpg

Here is an idea I had today.....I notice that everyone is thinking of leading lines as horizontal or vertical....but can they also be curves as in this abstract I took today? Just a pear and a ceramic pottery I took this afternoon, but I like the curves and how it leads the eye around......or am I completely off track here? This is still a work in progress, may not be this exact one yet.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:43 PM

Cool!

eartho ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:50 PM

wow, thats really lovely. There seems to be alot of movement and life here, but also, please forgive me, a peculiar form of sexual tension. Gulp! Very nice tho. Would love to see you push it a bit further...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 9:56 PM

Ahhh.....getting the idea now.....good example! Thanks Alpha!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2002 at 10:04 PM

Thats a good'n, yep that makes sense...and the bricks too..

bevchiron ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 1:07 AM

I like your idea Michelle, I think you could do a lot along those lines (sorry, no pun intended!) Great example Alpha, thanks.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Misha883 ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 12:45 PM

I really like the pear shot, michelle. Hope you plan a few more.

doruksal ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 4:35 PM

@ Michelle: I was also planning to work on curves rather that straight lines, and you've already started to practice... :)
Though I cannot fully get the 'leading lines (curves)' feel from the photo, I liked the image as an abstract one with the composition, textures, and colors...
...Yet, I maybe wrong as the curves seem to lead the eye to the bright and most abstract area between the pottery and the pear...

doruksal ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 4:38 PM

@ Alpha: What a fine street photography..! And a rather 'virtual', yet effective approach to the concept of 'leading lines'... I have to admit that I was thinking about rather 'real', graphic lines, and this cought me by surprise... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.