Sat, Sep 21, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: March Bryce Forum Challenge - Place Your Votes Here!!!!!!!!!!

Rochr ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 10:07 AM

Great work from everyone, but...humorix

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

thunderdon ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 2:16 PM

I have a hard time believing that the image by humorix is a metaball character. Looks like PhotoShop greyscale into terrain edior to me? I'm being polite, so if I am wrong I apologise. If humorix can do that in metaball format what do his serious models look like?

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 4:05 PM

well Vile you sure picked a great subject for this challenge... anyway my vote is for Alleycat169 ( flubber )

Stephen Ray

sdnoble ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 5:54 PM

AgentSmith has my vote

ajtooley ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 7:18 PM

Humorix!

humorix ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 10:26 PM

Hi! Time for clarification here! About the contest! This I think should have gone in right at the top! The contest was for METABALLS for all who had BRYCE 5 and all with Bryce 4 and below, they had to submit boolean creations! This information can be found in the original March challenge post! So yes mine (as well as agentsmith's) are boolean creations, as we don't have Bryce 5 yet! :-( A point of clarification for Thunderdon, yes the thigh and upper arm (are symmetrical lattice) have been created in the terrain editor, but it was drawn in the editor itself, not in Photoshop. The rest i.e. pipe, face, legs, foot et al are through boolean operations. The explanation was there along with the image I submitted but as the moderators of the forum was busy, agentsmith took the trouble to locate and place all the images together for voting! But I guess he missed out on putting the comments too as it used to be done before. Thanx fo9r the votes and comments!

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2002 at 11:48 PM

There are some very good renderings this month, but my vote goes to humorix.

thunderdon ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 12:31 AM

Ok humorix, Please accept my sincere PUBLIC apology. I was obviously wrong. I thought I was wrong once before but I was mistaken. Any way good work and again my apologies! thunderdon

humorix ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 2:39 AM

:-O Hey no apology required thunderdon!!!! You, as well as I guess a lot of people, were unaware about the conditions of the challenge and you put up a query! Am sorry if I gave the impression that I (or any of us who worked with booleans) was offended, so my apologies in that case! Happy Brycing all!

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 4:19 AM

Alleycat169

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 5:10 AM

I would like to clarify my vote (The way i wrote it, it looks like i hate humorix work...sorry Avi :( ) I vote for humorix , but everyone did a great job!!! OK, this looks better...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Eshal ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 8:26 AM

I vote for fozzibear...all entries were really good...but the sheer amount of metaballs that went into that baby is stunning!

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Imamik ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 9:37 AM

i love the flubbers so i take "Alleycat169"

thunderdon ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 4:12 PM

thunderdon casts one vote for... HUMORIX!

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 7:23 AM

There's some good competition out here. Everyone has done great work. It's so hard to decide, but my vote goes to AgentSmith not only is it a great model, the textures are great too.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Dejah ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 10:15 AM

Fozzibear, definetly

Awara ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 11:14 AM

Terrific images all! Wish I had the talent you guys have! I vote for Humorix. Love the details and the composition. Rayraz is a very close choice followed by agent smith. I think Fozzibear has done a tremendous job too, though would liked to have seen it with textures! Keep it up folks! This was a most interesting challenge!

ariannah ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 4:04 PM

Really tough competition this time around. All of the offerings were awesome! But I finally decided to go with Humorix. Good luck to one and all! ;-)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.