Mon, Oct 7, 2:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Motion-blurr.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 3:20 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:27 AM

Hi, Does anyone know how to create motionblurr in Bryce5? I have to put an animated alien into film taken with a digital camera and it looks too flat without motionblurr. I'd like to be able to apply the motionblurr to masks too in order to only blurr my CG-components and not 'reblurr' the real-live video I'm placing those CG-elements in. A free source-code of a program that creates motionblurr by comparing the frames of the animation is also an option if that's easier than blurring in bryce. I've got some friends that can make a program that creates motionblurr in the right manner with a motionblurr algorithm, and since they're working on this project also they shouldn't mind spending some time on that. Just doing it frame by frame by hand is not an option when using 3 minutes of CG-animation with 25 FPS (that's 3x60x25=4500 frames at least and even more when using multiple layers). If anyone knows anything about motionblurring in Bryce5 please help me. (I've got only 2,5 months to create this fully animated alien and render the 3 minutes of animation. And since bryce isn't really build for character-animation time going to be a really important factor) Any comments on this are welcome.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

rubycon ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 1:02 AM

I think its definitely something you would need to do in post. A video editing prog like Premiere or Lumier Suite should be able to do motion blur. It would allow you to apply blur to just the layer that you want. Rubycon

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 6:37 AM

Better start on that free source code, as far as I know there is no way to do motion blur inside of Bryce 5. Not that it helps but, Poser with Pro Pack will do motion blur. But, a good bet is like rubycon said, Adobe Premiere, Lumier Suite, etc. Doing it in post would give you greater control over the motion blur.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 7:33 AM

Thanks, I think I've got a (non-legal) version of Adobe Premiere lying around somewhere.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

dg3d ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 11:24 AM

Rayraz, do you want to motion blur the back only and the have the alien focus in the camera??

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 2:14 AM

I render the alien seperately from the background, the background was filmed in real life, it's not CG, but it's slightly motionblurred and the alien looks to flat when I composite it with the background and when it's not motionblurred. For instance the alien has to walk around in my school, and beside the geography-teacher. The teacher is slightly motionblurred, and the alien should also be motionblurred, to create the feeling that the alien is really there. As for Adobe Premiere and Lumier Suite, I don't have them. I've checked my warez-archive, but I can't find both of them. A legal solution is also more favourable, because I can then publish the film when it's done without the risk of getting into problems with copyrights. Any free-ware solutions or other programs like Premiere and Lumier Suite that will also do the job?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.