Fri, Sep 20, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Please welcome gebe as the newest co-mod of the Vue forum.

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 10:31 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:31 AM

Give her a nice big warm welcome.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 11:45 AM

Hey, congratulations, wow, what a wonderful surprise. Thank you. Sharen

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 11:50 AM

Oh my! This means I'll have to step up the quality of my gallery posts! ;) -SMT BTW: Congrats, Guitta. I know you'll do a great job!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

NightVoice ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 12:00 PM

Congrats gebe. :)

Just curious, for my own minds sake, how is gebe pronounced? Is it jee-bee, jeeb or something else? Just like to know in my own head how things sound. :)

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 12:01 PM

Hey Guitta, in my mind, you've always been the best ambassador for Vue d'Esprit in general for the longest time.. You have one of the best Vue d'Esprit web page for tutorials on the planet, amazing pictures and have always been very helpful... so, it's the most logical choice that you should be co-mod... :) Congratulations..

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 1:14 PM

Welcome, gebe... who, I assume is Guitta if I understand right! Thanks for helping out here even more! :) Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 1:18 PM

Welcome, Guitta! You really sould have been doing this all along. As Paul implies, and as I have pointed out in the past, you are one of a very small handful of people who's name is more or less synonymous with Vue!

jgmart ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 1:22 PM

Congratulations Guitta!! I made my first scene in Vue following one of your tutorials. I'm very happy you're here. John :)

jgmart ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 1:23 PM

Congratulations Guitta!! I made my first scene in Vue following one of your tutorials. I'm very happy you're here. John :)

YL ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 2:12 PM

That's a good choice ! Our new moderator is welcomed ! Yves

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 2:55 PM

Welcome Guitta! I know you're going to do a great job here! :) NightVoice, I've always pronounced it with a hard g, single syllable: "geeb". It's been just a guess for me; perhaps Guitta will set us straight on it. :)

audity ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 3:14 PM

I knew it Guitta ! you're perfect for the "job" !
but for me you were already one of the moderator...

bon courage !

Eric

kruzr ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 3:49 PM

Great news Guitta . . . I think with your excellent knowledge of Vue, your fine assistance in helping others in learning the program & your over all patience in general, makes you a perfect moderator for this forum. My congratulations go out to you, & you have a good one . . . Mark . 8^)

Bop ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 4:17 PM

Ficitations (French in the text:-D) !!!

Jilly ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 4:26 PM

Congratulations Guitta, hope you enjoy the job!

genny ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2002 at 6:57 PM

Great News, I can't think of anyone who would be more perfect for the job! (: Genny

Myske ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 12:10 AM

Congrats ! I knew it somehow. Not much around lately , but I read anything. Think you are "the One" for this job ;) Myske

LrdSatyr8 ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 1:04 AM

Welcome Gebe... Nice to meetcha!

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 4:48 AM

Hi all and thanks for your warm welcome:-). I will try to do my best and with Mike's assistance, i will learn quickly (I hope) how to manage the nice Forum Background he has created for us all. I hope you will forgive if my english is sometimes a little blunt, I do not mean it, but in searching the words in a dictionary, I may not always use the right expression. English language has so many words for just one thing (sample: high, great, big in speaking about a person...) when we use only one word ("grand" for a man and "grande" for a woman) in french for all these. Do not feel aggressed and do not hesitate to correct me if I use the wrong expressions. I'm happy to learn:-). To NightVoice and others who asked for how to pronounce gebe : gebe is not really a pseudo. It just means "g" for Guitta and "b" for Bertaud, the phonetic way to say the initials. Guitta, in french, is pronounced "ghiitta" and Bertaud is pronounced "berto", with accent on the "o". That was for the story. Thanks again and especially to Mike who has done and almost does a great job here and has to answer lots of my questions now. I'm happy to work with Varian also who has established a real treasure for Vue on his site:-). No more for today:) Guitta

NightVoice ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 9:20 AM

Ah thanks! :)

BTW, you explained why you may mess up your english better than most people I know who do speak english as their first language. :)

Rynn ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 11:09 AM

Congrats! I think we are lucky to have you as co-mod. :)

bernieloehn ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 4:31 PM

Congratulations - to Guitta and to us! I think now we have the most competent triumvirat of moderators of all renderosity forums! ;-) Bernie

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

Rimkopf ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 7:52 PM

First time I was posting a welcome for you Guitta, I pressed wrong button when I should post it, second time my computer hanged, so now I only say short and simple....Welcome as moderator!

jstro ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 8:51 PM

Didn't run fast enough, eh? :) Well I'm glad they caught you. I've only been here a short time but you'll be a fine moderator from all that I've seen. Welcome. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Axe555 ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:51 AM

Congratulations Guitta! I'm sure you will be an excellent Mod. :) Rich

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:58 AM

Thanks again:-), thanks, thanks. Guitta

TheDaedalus ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 10:32 PM

First let me say congratulations, Guitta, and that they couldn't have picked anyone better! Now, I need to ask this, because I think I may be confusing people, and if I don't get the answer to this I may very well go insane! Alright, here goes: weren't you already modded, and then you asked to be de-modded because you had a bad connection and you couldn't get on? Again, I totally may be confusing people, and if so I am very sorry! In either case, congrats again! I know you will do a great job!! Aaron

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 2:47 AM

No Aaron, I've never been before a moderator of a Renderosity place:-). I had sometimes problems to connect to Renderosity, that's right, but as a member, not as a mod. This means that I may also have problems to connect here in the future, sometimes. When there is a server problem... :-)Guitta

TheDaedalus ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 9:02 AM

Alright, thanks Guitta! And congrats again!! Aaron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.