Fri, Sep 20, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Brand new to VUE

dirk5027 ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 8:30 AM ยท edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 5:58 AM

After seeing all of these killer pics here, I downloaded the free trial of vue, think I'm gonna be hooked and have to buy it... Any info on transparencies (lashes, brows etc) Played with that a bit yesterday and just couldn't get it right Also if given the choice would all of you choose vue over bryce5, just not sure which one to get Keep up the great images, I just love em

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 8:39 AM

Well, I am still fairly new to Vue also, so unfortunately I can't help you much with transparencies yet. Others here can do so. I did choose Vue over Bryce 5 having used earlier versions of Bryce for years. I still like Bryce, but for me the interface for Vue is what ultimately sold me. (And it doesn't hurt anything that I seem to be able to make better pics with Vue). My suggestion, if you haven't done so already, is get the Bryce Demo also and try both. They are both excellent programs that each have their own strengths.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 8:48 AM

Hello and welcome here:-). I cannot speak about Bryce, because I've never used it. But don't worry about the translash etc. Vue's demo cannot do it well. Vue's latest version brings Poser figures out great, transparencies works fine. Maybe you could try, in your demo, to do transparencies by hand in bringing it up to 100%. How to do that ? To change material on Poser figures (and anyhow), have a look at the icons in the top menu. There is one with 3 little spheres decreasing in size. Click at it and you will open the material summary what shows you all the materials used in your scene. There you will find the material you would like to be more transparent. Double-click on its window, this opens the material editor. In there, click at the transparency tab and bring up "global transparency" to 100%. Repeat this for all the materials who needs to be treated. Hope this helps:-) Guitta

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 9:23 AM

Well, I have both, Vue 4, Bryce 4 and Bryce 5, I only use Vue, I think the interface is extremly much more easier than Bryce to handle, love how it lists your layers and individual objects, Bryce does not do that. All I can say is I have worked with all to give a fair shot, and my preference is VUE...Sharen

Jilly ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 3:21 PM

Oh definatly Vue, everything is so easy to use, and although some render times can be slow, I've never found it so. Looking forward to seeing some of your images. Welcome.

Rimkopf ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 6:53 PM

Bryce5 or Vue4.06. Take Vue, its easier to use and if you are using Poser, the answer is a big VUE! Just save your poser work as pz3 and then import to Vue, thats it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.